“Best ice cream out of Italy yet....” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Ice Cream
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Worldwide
“Best ice cream out of Italy yet....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Found the place through tripadvisor, tasted their peculiar Magna Grecia (Olive oil, laurel and rosemary honey) and Maya (dark chocolate with red chili) while the kids had normal cream and fruit flavors, all agreed we had one of the best ice creams ever, and for me definitely the best italian ice cream outside Italy (and I AM ITALIAN).... No frills, just excellent ice cream in a cone or a small cup to walk away with a complimentary small cone on top, but make sure to drop by, it will be more than worth the trouble of finding the small street where it's located, your tastebuds will thank you. The girl also very kind to give you small samples if you request it...

Geneva, Switzerland
“Probably the best ice cream we've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This review is about the Benidorm branch of Livanti, which doesn't have its' own Tripadvisor page yet.

I tried the ice cream for the first time yesterday and tried a hazelnut chocolate flavour. The ice cream was fantastic, dense, intense flavour, packed on to the cone with a spatula. I only ordered a small cone but it would have been described as large elsewhere - and only 2 Euros! The lady serving it was really lovely and friendly.

I went back today with my 10 month old son and ordered a mini cone of the lemon sorbet, which was also amazing, probably the nicest I have had anywhere. The flavour was of a sorbet, being lovely and acidic, but the texture was more like ice cream. For 1 Euro I was given a huge amount of ice cream, in a really cute tiny cone. My baby knocked the ice cream on the floor almost immediately and the lady was really really kind and gave us some more.

I was so excited about my discovery that later on I dragged my husband, grandmother-in-law (91 year old ice cream connossieur) and son again for the full works - I had dark chocolate, hazlenut and salted caramel, husband had dark chocolate, gran had coconut, lemon and pistachio, and baby had a mini peach sorbet. It was all absolutely delicious, and cost 8 euros for one mini, 2 small, and one medium. Even the smalls were huge, but with my special extra ice cream stomach I managed my tower of ice cream with ease :)

We are definitely going back again before we leave Benidorm. My favourite was the salted caramel, but apparently they change the flavours around every day so I may have to try something different next time!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Best Ice Cream :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Best ice cream in Alicante. Try the one with rosemary and olive oil...it's amazing. Did also taste the strawberry and the vanilla. They also good.
if you go to Alicante - don't mis this place!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Best service in years!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in here for a post dinner treat. The girl serving was fantastic. She offered samples of the ice creams and explained all the flavours and options. She was friendly and very accommodating! We left happy and with delicious ice cream!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Derby, United Kingdom
“Try this for a walking dessert...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Had a walking dessert here on 2 occasions - great choice, service and value for money. On a 2 euro cone, they'll still let you try and mix varieties. The cone looks on the smaller side, but they pile the ice cream on, so more than adequate!! Really enjoyed the different flavours!

• Visited July 2013