The photos and the rating of 4 stars was not as expected. This hotel should rather have been rated a between 2 and 3 stars. Rooms were very bad. Even when we offered to pay an extra fee to get upgraded and got to see the room we could get for an extra fee we realized that the standard overall on the rooms were poor. The AC did not work. We also met some other guests at the hotel that had the same experience. I would not recommend this hotel if you want a 4 star hotel.
But, the staff in the reception was serviceminded. I guess the hotel got its 4 stars in the 70s.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tryp Gran Sol hotel is located in the heart of the city of Alicante, opposite the sea and with spectacular panoramic views. With an original style and superior comfort, the hotel has been completely renovated in recent years and now provides 123 comfortable rooms, modern meeting rooms equipped with the latest technology, and a restaurant located on the 26th floor allowing diners a glimpse of the city's beauty and history. Highly personalised and professional service and excellent value for money, ideal for both business and leisure travellers. 13 golf courses within only 15 km. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Melia, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Tryp Gran Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tryp Gran Sol Hotel Alicante
- Tryp Alicante Province
- Sol Melia Alicante Province