“I wasn't sure I'd make it at first, but thanks to support from Jim it was great!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Costa Blanca Diving

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 24 Activities in Alicante
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba diving services including PADI courses and daily diving off the coast of Southern Spain. Diving in the warm Mediterranean waters courses from Try Dive to Instructor. The water's warm...come on in!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

Having learnt to scuba dive 6 months prior to this dive in Zanzibar with 15 metres visibility and a calm off boat dive, diving in the Med, with quite high winds and choppy waters and 2 metres visibility was a very different experience and at one point I thought I'd give up!
Conditions were so different and due to the different wet suit I had issues with my buoyancy which meant we had to come back to shore before my first dive. I thought I wouldn't be able to go back in but my instructor, Jim Potter, was so reassuring. I never once felt stupid because I had forgotten things or at risk in the choppy conditions. He kept my spirits high and we were able to do a really good dive after he calmly sorted out my weights. He went through my skills with me and was always teaching me things to improve my knowledge rather than doing them for me.

Despite the poor visibility I really enjoyed the dive and I can't wait to go back in the summer and try a dive in better conditions. I would still recommend going at this time of year - we just had unfortunate weather that day but the experience of re-doing my skills and getting in the ater has made me confident for my next dive.

Visited April 2011
CostaBlancaDiving, Public Relations Manager at Costa Blanca Diving, responded to this review, May 22, 2011
Thanks..and hope you have plenty more good diving on your trip...

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Thanks guys!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

I only had about 4/5 days to complete my PADI Open Water, Craig and the team were so helpful with learning all the techniques in such a short time and brilliant with all the paperwork too! Despite the freezing waters of the Med this was a great experience and i would definitely recommend this to anyone! Thanks guys!

Visited April 2010