“Yummy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ristaurante Spiga

Ristaurante Spiga
Calle Mayor, 11, Alicante, Spain (Casco Antiguo-Santa Cruz)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #119 of 808 Restaurants in Alicante
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Romantic, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Casco Antiguo-Santa Cruz
Donegal,Ireland
“Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Spent a week in Alicante, and ate here twice. The food was yummy. You have to try the starter sautéed duck & bacon salad. The pizza's were very tasty, and the pasta was cooked to perfection, not to al dente - which I don't like. The service was good. We sat outside and the street entrainment was fun. A good little buzz about the palce.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

kentucky
“Great Italian in Spain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

The wife and I needed a break from tapas. So we ducked into this place by chance. Really good food. Fairly authentic (we've been to Rome, Naples, and Positano). But best of all they picked one thing and did it well. I have been in Spain for a week and I am tired of tourist joints that serve tapas, paella, pizza, and hamburgers. With pictures and menus in 8 languages. Maybe that is what the
English enjoy, but its not for me.

We had the caprese, really good tomatoes. The garlic bread, nice oil and oregano. And the calzone at the recommendation of the server. All very good. Great place for Italian in Alicante.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Yuk! Keep clear of this place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We went here one night on 4 Sept 2013. We don't usually eat Italian food when we're in Spain but thought we'd give it a go.

What a mistake. This has to be the worst 'Italian' food we've ever had. I ordered the bruschetta to share and this was crap. A bit of soggy bread with tomato paste on it. The mains were a pizza Vesuvio for me and a pizza calzone for my wife.

My pizza Vesuvio was particularly uninspiring for 9.90€ and tasted like something found on the foothills of that volcano. I struggled to get through half of it but left the remaining frisbee tasting thing on my plate. But wait, it got even worse when the calzone arrived and was duly bit into by my wife. Not only was it cold, it wasnt even cooked! The pasty pasta dough and cold gooey cheese plate of mess was sent back straight away.

We told the waiter not to bother with replacing it and we weren't going to pay either. So, we finished our wine and left.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Surrey
“Refurbished not too long ago i have always liked it here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Usually good never had a bad meal here usually ok to good, i like it
Why the do meat dishes i believe in horses for courses so go for pasta to get the best out of Spiga

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Worth a visit just for the garlic bread!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch at spiga with my husband. We both ordered a pasta dish which was freshly made and delicious. The star of the show however was the garlic bread. This was the most amazing bread I have ever tried (and I eat a lot of Italian food!). Service was excellent and the meal ended with a complimentary lemoncello shot. Worth a visit!

• Visited August 2013