“Will never go back there again” 3 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/ Maestro Serrano 3-5, 46120 Alboraya, Spain   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Alboraya
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Will never go back there again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

I accompanied my husband who was on a business trip. Before going, I read the reviews here but though it did not matter much as we were only going for 4 days. I was wrong!!!
Asked for a smoking room with a double bed- Got Non smoking with 2 separate single beds. One of which had dirty sheets (found 2 very long black hairs and a bit of dirty nail on one) I did not bother complaining as I did not want an argument (after some of the reviews here). No outside pool or terrace to sunbathe, have a coffee etc, on a main smelly road, and with awful rude staff. Two were arguing about us after we ordered a cheese omollette and they gave us a tuna sandwich, When were returned it, the staff started slagging us off in front of us! As I understand and speak a bit of spanish (I'm originaly from Portugal), I approached them and said in Spanish that I heard and understood all that was said about us,therefore, we did not want to eat there any more! Their face was a picture! All they said was, "Oh, we didnt know you spoke spanish!" and then they walked off in silence!

The food is rubish and you never know which restaurant they are serving it. Noboby tells you either! I was in room 205 and there is a restaurant a few doors down. If breakfast was being served there, at 7am, the noise you could hear in your room resembled being in a zoo.

If you want somewhere just to lay down after spending the day elsewhere, not eat there, not need to ask the staff anything and be near a tube, then the hotel is OK. Otherwise, you will be bored stiff, hungry, insulted and skint.

To finish, I wanted a coffee after dinner. Their bars were all shut! Heaven knows why. Had to go out at 9:30 (evening meals start at 8.30 pm) only to be harrassed and intimidated by tramps for money.

I have never written a review but as I read the reviews on this site before chosing an hotel, I felt I had to give something back and therefore, here is my honest opinion. Out of about 50 hotels I have stayed in, this is the only one I would refuse to stay in again. The thing is, I did not choose it as it was booked by the company my husband works for. And they will be hearing of this.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

When I arrived with my wife I was realized that the location of this hotel is far from the beach and downtown. I decided to check in anyway. Afterwords we realized that the cost to stay at this hotel compare to the distance from the main attractions is fare too much compare to others. Which again I accepted because at first sight this hotel seems nice. Then we realized that the customer service doesn't exist there. We were ask at our second night to change room from our junior suite to a standard room. Their explanation was that they have made a mistake and therefore we had to switch room. Now picture this, in morning, you're ready to go explore the city and pass by the reception to get info and they ask you politely to go back to your room and pack your things to switch rooms, trust me you'll be frustrated too.But since we were on vacation, in a good mood, we did as we're told. The worst part is that they didn't give us anything for the inconvience, they believed that their simple apologizes should be enough. Trust me you don't want to stay at such hotel. If this happen to us it could happen to anyone. Your vacation time is too important and too short to have to deal with this. Go where the customer is respected

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Nottingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

This hotel is a good place to stay on a budget without much compromise, especially for us students :)
Its outside of the city centre, but with easy access by metro, which is just down the road.The metro also allows easy access to the airport, and at 1 euro 90 is cheaper than a taxi.
The hotel was nice, and the staff seemed pretty friendly. There is a restaurant at the hotel, but we didn't try this out as there are restaurants in the area.
We did have a problem with the room as the air conditioning was leaking, but they soon sorted it out, the handy man was also good looking ;)
Using the pool was also a bit of an issue as its used by the public too and swimming lessons are often on, so its best to check at reception.
Other than that its a good place to stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
São Paulo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2009

Olympia Hotel is located in a suburb of Valencia, and go to town you need a metro (near the hotel). So far so good. Arriving at the hotel asked for a room for non-smokers (had already requested in the reserve), and the receptionist gave me a room that had an ashtray. The floor of my room smelled of cigarette already out of the elevator. The price of hotel is good if you are smoker and will be hosted for a few nights only. Parking is paid, but you can park on the street without paying.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
North Lincolnshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2008

Excellent hotel worhy of four stars. Good transport link immediately next to Metro for access to valencia and airport.
Room very good and breakfast excellent. Superb sporting facilities. However remote from beach and no public transport access. Limited choice of restaurants in vicinity.

Stayed September 2008
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2008

We stayed here on weekend of Euro Grand Prix...and the Solvasa clearly wacked their rates up for the occasion. Unfortunately, they also closed their gym and swimming pool, without feeling the need to tell us that when we booked!
Impression of this place is that it is a conference style hotel - canteen type restaurant, staff who make you feel everything they do for you is a major favour, very little character to rooms or public areas.
If you are holding the next satsuma growers conference and have a few hundred delegates to house maybe you should try this place, otherwise head for one of the many hotels in central Valencia.

• Liked — Quick Check Out
  • Disliked — Value for Money
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hotel Olympia? Share your experiences!