“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Sakura

You added Hotel Sakura to your Saves list
Hotel Sakura
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Enrico de Nicola, 26, 80059 Torre Del Greco, Italy (Formerly Mercure Napoli Torre del Greco)   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Torre Del Greco

Porto Alegre, RS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

The hotel is a little bit old, specially the rooms. The bathroom was not renovated, the bed had strange sounds and the whole room was not very comfortable. But we wanted to stay far from Naples (which is a total caos!) only one day, until we get to the Amalfi Coast. For thatreason, the hotel was ok and worked well.

We cannot complain about the staff and the price, which was really in order. The breakfast was outstanding!!! A great variety of breads, yogurts, croissants, sfogliatella, etc! We were delighted.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Quebec
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

Great location to visit Pompei, the Vesuvia since it is on the road to get there and as well to reach the Amalfi coast. Very nice and roomy building but lacks some maintenance. The swimming pool is impressive. 15 meters long and 2 meters to 5 meters deep.
The breakfast buffet is quite good with enough choice.
The staff was kind and polite.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Somers, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

I arrived late one night and the room was noisy - it was either the air conditioning system or a water circulation system of some type. Even after I shut off the air, the noise continued. I tried to live with it as it was past 1 AM. Ear plugs did not help. The noise grew louder. By 2 AM I packed and went to the desk to request another room. The desk attendant said they had no other rooms (despite only 4 cars evident in the parking lot). I stood there unsure what to do and he said they had a room that was not "made up". He showed me the room - a larger room - it was a room that had been occupied, but housekeeping had not cleaned it. By that time I was desperate and was sure I would not find a room in another hotel at that hour so I took it. It was quiet but the "used" bed was unsettling and I slept on top of the sheets - a fitful sleep at that. Went to use the bathroom and the toilet seat fell off onto the floor. Only 1 towel was in the bathroom-dirty, along with a few disgusting used kleenix. When I checked out I explained what happened but the clerk proceeded to charge me a higher rate for the larger room - a room that included breakfast but which I did not take because I didn't know it. I tried to explain In Italian as well as English. He would make no adjustment for the situation. I paid the full rate - $77 Euro. Never would I stay there again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

In a nutshell, I do not recommend this hotel for business, maybe for tourists it can be OK.

I had a business meeting in Napoli and decided to stay in the Mercure Hotel Torre del Greco, since I wanted some place quiet outside the city. I did not know it was that far from the city, maybe my fault, but still the hotel calls itself a Napoli hotel - that's not true. Torre del Greco is a small town independent from Napoli. Just to get an idea, the taxi from my meeting in Naples city centre to the hotel cost me 60 euros, the ride from the hotel to Napoli airport was about 40 euros.
The location itself is nice, from my room I had views to Vesuvius on the left and to the costline and islands on the right. The hotel is really quiet, I guess they had maximum 10 rooms occupied. It seems the hotel is mainly used for congresses. I think it is also a nice location to hike the volcano, since I saw some hiking paths starting close to the hotel. But if you go, you really need to have a car, since the hotel is far away from everything. In the afternoon, I made it to Napoli centre by train (roundtrip 4 euros, a real bargain), but to get to the Torre del Greco train station you have to walk downhill about 30 minutes which is not fun in Southern Italian summer sun, especially when returning uphill to the hotel. I have not seen any taxi in Torre del Greco except the one the hotel staff called for the airport transfer.

The room was really nice, good 4-star level and clean. Nothing to complain about. I also had a balcony with nice views and I spent hours on it enjoying the views to the bay.

The hotel common areas looked ok, but they are really huge and there were about 10 guests at the hotel, so everything seemed abandoned.

The hotel staff worked pretty inefficient and were not that friendly, especially the guy at the reception for check-in.

Breakfast was a bit disappointing, one type of bread, one type of cheese and ham, some marmelade, one kind of bread, 2-3 kinds of sweets, 3 types of juice. No eggs or any hot breakfast, in a 4-star-hotel I would have expected a bit more.

I wanted to use the swimming pool, but in the afternoon it was crowded with locals since it seems to be a public swimming pool that is used by the hotel as well. Since no space was left, I decided to come back later. When I came back at 19:00, the pool was closed.

To sum up, I personally would not return to this hotel, it is just to far away from everything (Naples city centre, beach, airport). It might be attractive for hiking tours to Vesuvius.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Montreal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2008

I was traveling with an organized tour in May 2007 and we stayed at this hotel for 2 nights.
The hotel is well located. The rooms were spacious and clean but furnished with outdated furniture….do not get me wrong it was not antiquities that would offer somewhat of an interest. The bathroom was also large and decent but the plumbing was in bad shape and as a result when we took a shower the first night the different pieces were falling apart and we were left with the only possibility to take a bath in a tub that was not necessarily inviting

The food served was Ok but not more and certainly not fine cuisine. The service is totally deficient and the hotel employees were not very pleasant not sure if they know how to smile in the first place.

The rooms on the upper floors in the front of the hotel were offering a very nice view to the bay of Naples and some rooms had such a large balcony that we were able to conduct a little get together with the group.

This hotel is OK if your plan is only to go there to sleep and rest and if you have other plans to visit the neighborhoods. If you go there to enjoy the complex and enjoy nice dinner in a nice environment you are at the wrong place.

This hotel is not a four stars for sure

• Liked — The location, and the view on the bay of Naples
  • Disliked — the service
  • Stayed May 2007
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hotel Sakura? Share your experiences!