Wow! Where to start! This is the most incredible place we have ever stayed, ever. No it's not completely perfect if you're wanting a place with lots to do or a heavy night-life, no character, a butler service and everything working efficiently but it is however absolutely completely perfect, if you're charmed by the idiosyncrasies of life (such as a lack of food if you turn up too late (whoops!), slightly crumbing buildings and numerous cats!) On top of the incredible surroundings, the staff at Montegridolfo are incredibly kind, genuinely going out of their way to help at all turns, and always available for advice as to how to spend your time. We also ate at the hotel for the majority of our stay; there are two restaurants in the main area, one meat and one fish. The food from both was absolutely stunning and it's difficult to mark one above the other; we spent a lovely evening with the locals at the fish restaurant and ate gloriously fresh fish into the wee hours, but the view in the evening from the meat restaurant is absolutely to die for and an absolute must! Finally, it's also worth touching on breakfast, which we managed to make every morning (it's civilized and doesn't stop till 11am) and the extraordinary spread which greeted us on the first morning, meant we actually got there earlier and earlier each morning!
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Viviani - Castello Di Montegridolfo Hotel Montegridolfo
- Palazzo Viviani - Castello Di Montegridolfo Hotel
- Palazzo Viviani
- Palazzo Viviani Castello Di Montegridolfo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- First built in the thirteenth century, and carefully restored in 1994, this fortified village inhabited to this day, is just 28 km from Rimini and may also be accessed by arriving flights from Ancona or Bologna, both around one hour journey time by car.Situated on the boundary between Emilia Romagna and Marche Regions, Castello di Montegridolfo has maintained its authentic atmosphere.Within the walls of Castello di Montegridolfo, Palazzo Viviani has eight individually styled rooms, all beautifully furnished with antiques. Eight spacious duplex suites and rooms with private access are spread throughout the village-(Borgo Antico), some of them featuring self catering facilities and are ideal for families. In the surrounding gardens next to the open air swimming pool, boasting gorgeous views, Casa del Pittore has seven romantic rooms.A few steps away, a new structure Borgo degli Ulivi, being built in the style of an old traditional village,will offer an additional thirty deluxe rooms and suites.Guests may try the Castello’s haute cuisine at the Ristoro di Palazzo Viviani (open on request) situated in thewine cellars of the Palazzo. Osteria dell’ Accademia within the village walls features traditional local dishes, which may be enjoyed whilst sitting on the terrace overlooking the dramatic valley with its sea views of the Adriatic Coast. Fish specialities are to be found in the Grotta dei Gridolfi and during the warm summer months- in the village square at Ritrovo del Vecchio Forno you can taste a Pizzeria.The Sala dell’Agrumaia located in the orange grove of the Palazzo Viviani gardens is ideal for private dinners, weddings, seminars; combined with the Parco degli Ulivi, this is an ideal venue for concerts, theme parties, banquets, new product launches, fashion shows, gala events. The Town Hall at the entrance of the Village may officiate for civil marriages, and also provides space for small meetings, exhibitions, private concerts in its Sala Consiliare. A large conference and meeting area (that can accommodate up to 400 delegates) located in the Borgo degli Ulivi will be inaugurated the last quarter of 2003.Throughout the year the village organises events to promote the traditions and culture of the area. With its multiple types of tastefully decorated rooms, indoor and outdoor dining options, conference and meeting facilities, Castello di Montegridolfo is an ideal venue for high end meetings and incentives. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Palazzo Viviani - Castello di Montegridolfo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.