“It's over all too soon” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“It's over all too soon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We booked a Family weekend to celebrate 3 birthdays - Grandpa, Son-in-Law and Granddaughter. We arrived at lunchtime and, after parking the cars we went straight to the village centre. Having travelled for a couple of hours I needed a loo and went to the nearest "gents". Some inconsiderate moron had left a soiled disposable nappy on top of the toilet roll holder. So not the best of starts. But not the fault of Centre Parcs. And the people at Guest Services investigated immediately.
We had lunch at the Pancake House and all thoroughly enjoyed our choices. That evening we dined in the Pub and all had the excellent carver.
We had snow over the weekend and enjoyed walking in the woodland. It was quite magical.
The disappointment was when we cancelled our Granddaughters "Tree Treking" because it was sleeting heavily and it was very cold. WE felt it was too dangerous for a nine year old girl but Centre Parcs didn't and so charged us a cancellation fee of £17!! But were selling the experience for £18 when they had charged us £25. AS if they don't make enough?
Every time we visit Centre Parcs we agree to try somewhere else next time - but we keep going back and have done so every year for the past 23 years.
When all is said and done it really is a great place to visit and we all feel the benefit - even though it never seems long enough!

Visited March 2013

York, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
“Whinfell is much improved”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed at Whinfell for our 5th time and are happy to say it is much improved. As usual our lodge was clean and comfortable and despite being the old style we had a great budget holiday. We didn't mind being on the edge of the village as we enjoy walking. The pancake house is well worth a visit and i can reccommend a take away.. pizza... indian meal.. both really good service.Center parcs has worked on the toilet area in Sports Hall which was in need of a refurb and cannot fault it.. I still think the pool area needs a bit of work to give a relaxing pool side experience and it cannot match Sherwood forrest in that respect, but if you want a fun time with the kids, is Brill.

Visited January 2013
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Wonderland for little ones”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed at Whinfell Forest with friends who also have kids.
We had an original style Executive Lodge as we find they are the biggest room space of all the lodges in meadow view. The lodge was spotless as always, we had a problem with the cooker but the guys were over within about 20 minutes to fix it.

We have a 1year old and she loved the soft play area in the main centre, it's great having the facilities to sit and have a beer whilst she is playing! We all love the swimming area and the updates they have done to the changing facilities are great. It was lovely seeing our little girl playing in the toddler pools.

We paid to go and see Father Christmas at the winter wonderland, and they do a fantastic job. You have to accept that they are busy and there is a number of children booked in the time slot therefore there is a queue. But the elves do their bit keeping the children entertained and the gift that Father Christmas gave our daughter was lovely. As was the photo of her and Santa that was part of the price.

We tend to use the self catering option as when there are lots of us it can get a bit expensive eating out but we always make a trip to the pancake house, which is fantastic value for money!

All in all a great way to spend time with family and friends in a safe environment for the kids. Already have our first trip back this year booked!!

“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We have visited this place over the last 5 years and have never been disappointed its brilliant for kids and fun for adults aswell, and if you get chance I would defiantly recommend the spa it's amazing

Ulverston, United Kingdom
“Brilliant family venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I decided I wanted to go to Centerparcs for my birthday and my son's first holiday. There was me (25), my fiancé (25), my brother (27), mother (64) and son (5 months). We stated in a comfort plus lodge in three oaks and we found it clean and more than adequate for our needs. I had recently hurt my back so did fund the location a bit of a struggle some days but if I hadn't it wouldn't have bothered me at all, in fact it was nice to have a scenic walk atleast twice a day. We took part in bowling which was fun for everyone and really affordable too. We also did rollerblading, which was a lot harder than I remembered. My brother did quad biking which he really enjoyed. On my birthday me and my mum spent three hours in the Aqua Sana Spa, which was lovely with many different saunas, steam rooms and showers and a lovely large spa pool and heated outdoor swimming pool which was lovely to swim in as the cold rain came down. We also had treatments done, I had a shellac manicure which was great, the beauty therapist was extremely friendly and easy to talk to. My mum had the pristine pedicure which looked lovely and she really enjoyed the experience. I'd highly recommend going there. I'd also recommend the subtropical swimming paradise, we visited three times and all really enjoyed it. It was also really warm and perfect for my 5 month olds first go at swimming, which he loved. We hired bikes, which we probably would have used more if my son was bigger. We ate out at Bella Italia, Hucks, Dexters Kitchen, Cafe Rouge and The Lakeside Inn and all were really nice food and fairly priced. It is a very baby friendly location and I didn't have to worry about having to squeeze through tight spaces with our pram or finding baby changing areas, they were everywhere! The parc market is fairly priced, we did take a lot of our own stuff but won't take as much next time we visit, which I've already booked for the same time next year. On the last day of our stay I managed to leave my engagement ring in our lodge after checking out and the guest services people were a really great help, as was the housekeeping lady that waited longer and helped look for it. She found it and waited for me to collect it. There are lots of soft play areas throughout the site which my son will be able to make the most of next time we go. There are hundreds of great activities for children and adults a like and there is never any reason to be bored. We found it a great alternative to a holiday abroad, and to be honest, will probably continue to go there instead because of the amount of things to do and the fact we are an hours drive away. All in all a great family holiday with something for everyone, highly recommended!

Visited March 2013