“Fresh fish cooked simply” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, European, Gastropub
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Derry, United Kingdom
“Fresh fish cooked simply”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We have visited Kealy's Seafood Bar on a number of occasions over the years (coming from Magillian/Derry on the ferry). The food is always great and the fish fresh. My only gripe is that the lunch menu is a little limited/short and a little more choice would be nice.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Belfast, United Kingdom
“unacceptable”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Arrived midday last Saturday ,after having eventually located Kealys. Previously,I had heard nothing but good reports about this place and was looking forwards in anticipation to dine there.On entering I was impressed with the general layout of the premises.However it quickly became noticeable that the communication with the female member of staff was lacking. This theme continued later on that evening whilst at table.Answers were to the point and lacking warmth.Both myself and my partner became increasingly aware of this situation which added to the lack of ambience and spoiled what should have been a special occasion to us both.During the course of our meal the time lapse between courses became increasingly irritating.To cap it all, at the time of payment a lack of courtesy on the behalf of this establishment left one feeling with a sense of upset and disappointment.Overall I have left with those points mention above in mind .I also believe that the food is overpriced for what one received. As a result my experience of dinning at Kealys proved to be disappointing.This could very well be my one and only time dinning in this establishment.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“A let down!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

One midday,myself and partner called into Kealys, to make an evening booking for two. Upon conversing with the lady who was behind the bar, we came across MINIMAL friendly manner and NO RAPPORT what-so-ever !
We have arrived for our evening meal,still. Expecting delightful food in warm atmosphere but sadly, were left feeling let down and disappointed!
**Service was lacking friendliness/warmth or welcoming feeling to it
**Waiting time in between courses too long- to a fault!
**Food rediculously overpriced for what it was!
**The waitress cleared our main course dishes and walked away without asking if we enjoyed our meal NOR asking us if we would like to see a sweet menu! my partner had to say something to the effect of ..."does my set meal comes with a sweet,please"? only for her to react coldly and murmuring." oh yes,I`ll get you the menu".. shocking..!!!!
**RUN OUT !!! of my desired choice of dessret which I have found HIGHLY UNSATISFACTORY for NOT an overly busy saturday night and realy put a damp on my meal experience!!!!! :(:(:(
**When we handed our money to pay, there was a very "LIMP "thank you" and only when WE said "thank you" again, on going out the door, the lady "murmured" another limp "Goodnight & Goodbye"...

LEFT WITH A BAD TASTE IN OUR MOUTH ! WHAT A LET DOWN!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I can't recommend this restaurant highly enough. I've been the a couple of times and the food has never been anything less than delicious. The staff are wonderful and the owner, Tricia Kealy, is fantastic - so friendly and helpful. Easily the best seafood in the area!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kells, Ireland
“Lunch to die for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

On a trip around the Inishowen Peninsula and after a very exiting and wonderful experience we stopped in Greencastle. On our little drive through the town, one could only think that if ever there was a place to get a good seafood lunch it would be here. We then saw Kealys Seafood Bar and stopped immediately. Upon entering no-one was about, then suddenly Tricia Kealy popped out of nowhere and greeted us warmly. The décor was simple and felt cosy so we seated ourselves by a window. Tricia presented us with the Lunch Menu from which we selected the Battered Haddock with hand cut chips, we took advise and also had a glass of Sauvignon Blanc. The meal was elegantly served on simple white plates accompanied by homemade Tartar Sauce, Red sauce and Vinegar. The Fish was beautifully cooked, the Batter was seasoned to perfection, the chips were flowery and crisp, the Tartar Sauce a perfect balance to the meal.. all of which was accompanied by a beautiful fruity Sauvignon Blanc. Huge recommendations for this Seafood pub and will drop in whenever we are passing again

• Visited February 2014