“Fabulous Family Sunday lunch” 5 of 5 stars

+39 075 941 0798
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Simone Corsetti - Ristorante I Girasoli di Sant' Andrea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Umbertide
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Province of Perugia, Italy
“Fabulous Family Sunday lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2015 NEW

A lovely sunny Sunday in mid-April. The staff were very happy to accommodate us outside although everyone else was dining inside. The service was excellent, friendly yet not over-bearing. All our food was delicious. I was the only one having starters and had asparagus prepared in 3 different ways, which included cooked in a light batter and as a spread on crostini, all delicious. The two girls had pasta dishes, one of ragu in bianco - a kind of white bolognese, it was enjoyed immensely. The other daughter also enjoyed her vegetarian pasta. I had delicious boned chicken cooked in a tomato sauce with olives and my husband enjoyed a steak with seasonal vegetables. For dessert we had a tiramisu in an ice cream style. A hugely enjoyable meal, we look forward to returning.

• Visited April 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

London, United Kingdom
“They go out of their way...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2015

Simone and his team could not give a better welcome. The food is delicious and they went out of their way to produce a special vegetarian meal for me. Highly recommended

• Visited March 2015
Lewes, United Kingdom
“Made to feel welcome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2015

Simone is a wonderful host. The food, wine and ambience are all excellent - try it! And it's got a wine bar, too, if you're wanting a lighter culinary experience.

• Visited April 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent food, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2015

My husband and I went to this restaurant by recommendation and we were not disappointed. On arrival we were offered a complimentary glass of Prosecco and a sample of local olive oil with a selection of homemade breads. Simone and his staff were very attentive and knowledgeable about the ingredients of all the items on the menu and were willing to advise us on which wine to drink with our meal. Without doubt, this is the best restaurant in the area.

• Visited February 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“this restaurant good be better whitout the mistakes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2015

This summer we twice had a lunch with friends in this restaurant. Nice outdoor eating. Most of the food was actualy very good, however the overall qualification is "average" because of the mistakes made in the kitchen (just one of the plates). Mistakes that instead of dealing with in a proper way, the cook had tride to hide. This was obvious also for the serving staff, confound in such a way that we were not allowed to pay. Not even for the other food that in fact was very good. It shows the eagerness of the staff to belong to the good or even better restaurants. Prevented by the attitude of the cook.....

• Visited July 2014