“Fun n enjoyable” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Ayer Keroh
Kuala Selangor, Malaysia
“Fun n enjoyable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

i came with my family n friends..like reunion..so,happy for average family..very enjoy we swimming pool..room..so far ok but not exclusive..for me very comfortable as long as my son happy...staff so helpful..finally happy and we hope come again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Ipoh, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Upon arrive, I felt that the resort is horrible, I was there for 3d2n. When I entered the room, I was deeply disappointed! The curtain is very dirty and looks old, the furniture designed old too. I can feel the spring when I sat on the bed. The bedsheet, blanket and pillow smelly, I have to sprayed perfume to make myself feel comfort. The floor is dirty too, luckily I brought along my own slippers (They never supply it too). The most terrible is the toilet, the pipe connect to the toilet bowl, it is leaking! Made the toilet damn smelly!
What I can say, IT IS NOT A RESORT! It is worse than a homestay I rented in Melaka on previous day!

Room Tip: Not worth to stay there!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I've been here for 3 days 2 nights.. I came for a Family Day event .. All the arrangement of the booking was smooth.. All the staff were very humble and helpful.. The food was delicious.. The food will remind you what's your mother love to cook, Mom's Cooking.. The price was reasonable.. The room was comfortable.. All the kids love the swimming pools.. Feels like you were in a village atmosphere.. Even the place was near to the places of interest like Crocodile Park, Malacca Zoo, and lots more.. When you want to go shopping, the best place for the value of the money, Mydin..just across the road.. Having a game such as rock climbing, kayaking, paintball war..and even fishing..at the Ayer Keroh Lake..just about 100 metres walking distance.. It was very unforgettable experience I've ever had so far.. I would suggest to all my friends of having their family day here.. Keep up the good work..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Upon arrival and at the reception counter, you almost feel, that the hotel/resort is badly runned down and in need or renovation.
I was there for 3 days and 2 nights. Being a trainer with a lot of traveling, I expected the Hotel/ Resort to be somewhat ready for a small group of participants. It took a long while to check in as there were no available rooms (already booked in advance by the government agency).
No doubt the group was a mere 12 persons, 13 with me as the trainer, the so called "VIP" training room is a cubicle fit to be a small storeroom. Cocroaches were running here and there because nextdoor is the restaurant. The next day, we were moved to another room, this time much bigger after much complaints. What happen to the function manager or coordinator?
Luckily the breakfast, lunch and dinner saved my days, even though not par to my taste bud.

Take a walk around the swimming pool, dip your feet into the water and presto, you can't see your feet. It may be a school holiday but there is no excuse for not cleaning the pool at night.

My wife had a surprise of her life when the housekeeping did not clean up our room by 4pm, and when she asked for the room to be cleaned up, she was replied with a question; you want your room cleaned? Then when she asked for the towel to be replaced, the housekeeping staff bluntly said: "no towels". She then made a complaint at the reception counter, without any apology, she was given fresh towels.

The room floor seemed to be falling apart and with all the squeeks, there's no reason to stay in the room at all. As they ran out of double beds, I requested 3 times for the 2 single beds to be joined and till I checked out, the beds were never moved. The cistern was leakingh from day 1 through day 3, so the bathroom floor was never dry.

The box television set with 3 miserable snowy channels was something of the 1970s.

On a peak day like a school break or weekends, you may encounter some sleepless nights as cars and motor cycles let off their steam just outside your rooms. Car parks are too close to the chalets.

At this point, I urge the Hotel Association and the Ministries concerned to look into the minimum standards applicable for hotels in the country so as not to shame our citizens, as I am and cause suprises to visitors from other countries. Names and external appearances can be deceiving.

Room Tip: list as "last resort"
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Cioccaro di Penango, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed at d'Village Resort for 2 nights for a competition which was held there. Unfortunately, when entered the "standard motel" room, it's even worse than a broken barge (tongkang pecah). The blankets are uncover with sheets, less pillows (also with NO sheets), the floor was ABSOLUTELY dirty and blankets were scattered on the bed. Even worse, the whole room was not cleaned properly AT ALL.

The Toilet: The first thing when looking at the room is to see the toilet first. That's usual for many people though ;). For me, the toilet in the room can be rated: 50-50. Why? For the first 50, it provided hot water system. That's good. But the remaining 50 is the button at the toilet bowl. The button was broken, so I have to push it very-hardly.

Fortunately, the food was quite good. Nasi lemak, roti canai, koey teow and many more were so delicious yet tasty. Including the drinks too, quite simple and good.

I didn't swim in the swimming pool since we were not allowed to do so. But the location is very very very not strategic. Why? It was too near (yet just in front of) the cafe.People can clearly seen people swimming in the pool. How embarassing!!!

But what can I say, the resort management were USELESS.

So the brief summary: 85% of everything in the resort is "INDAH KHABAR DARI RUPA"....

And again: The management MUST be improved (that's for very sure!) for better development to the whole d'Village Resort community.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Conveniently situated between the local places of interest (Butterfly Farm, Melaka Zoo) and biggest outlet of Mydin including Ayer Keroh Planetarium. I went for a business trip where one of the NURI branch is right at the planetarium itself and a few government bodies are just around the corner. Without hesitation, I thought this resort is very much convenient and with great expectation that rooms had been upgraded since my last visit last year but nothing had change though....as for locals, I think the charges are not compatible with the services and facilities provided.
Complimentary Breakfast are available but the same menu remains...haisy!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
perak
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

the price cheaper n good location especially for family...

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to d'Village Resort? Share your experiences!