“Best Time EVER!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kenya Bay Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Kenya Bay Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Kenya Bay Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Mombasa Malindi Road | Bamburi Beach, Bamburi, Mombasa 80100, Kenya   |
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Bamburi
nairobi
“Best Time EVER!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2009

We're still reeling over the wonderful time we had.....!!

I booked our holiday online and found the whole process very user-friendly. I got my responses promptly and was assured of a great time before my family and I got to the hotel.

We have stayed at the Kenya Bay before and loved it back then but this time we were in for a pleasant shock! Surprise is too mild a word. The rooms were a pleasant surprise! I loved the changes made in the bathrooms because bedrooms in any hotel are generally clean and functional but it's the bathroom I'm finicky about. Lovely touch with the little Lamu chests with the toiletries in them and the BEST thing in the bathroom...? Full size bath sheets! Very rare to find full bath sheets in hotels.

The garden areas looked lovely as well. I liked the area where we'd have our tea in the early evenings and enjoy entertainment later on.

Kids loved the pools and the attendants actually offered to keep an eye out on them while my cousin and I SLEPT under the hot hot sun. Loved the turquoise umbrellas and actually want one for home too! LOL Seriously speaking they were easy on the eyes. I have a thing against tacky beach umbrellas.

One thing I must apologise over (toungue in cheek) is that we didnt go out of the hotel to other restaurants because we loved the food at Kenya Bay. I must commend you on that because your food and menu and quality is fabulous and i can confidently say you rival a very popular 5 star hotel near you in that aspect. That hotel's food actually borders on mass produced gunk and compromises on taste and quality of food.

The buffets in the evenings were well spread out in terms of choice of food. I have noticed that the best way to judge a good buffet is to see what is being offered to the vegetarians. If there is a good variety (obviously not comrpomising on taste either) then you know you have a winner. So congratulate yourself on that. I'm not a vegetarian but your veggie selection was amazingly delicious.

Theme nights for food is not an unknown concept and we really enjoyed the daily choice we were spoilt with. My daughter fell in love with the desserts and the breakfast spread. The breakfast gets a separate mention because that is seriously an entity on its own! You have a brilliant breakfast spread every morning and we ate like pigs!!!

The Frangipani restaurant was also good. My cousin thought the fish from there was out of this world. The food was amazing and even the finicky eater kids that I have enjoyed the food at all times.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Polish first
Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2009

I booked for a stay of 8 nights from 26 December 2008 with my wife and six year old daughter. Kenya Bay was a great hotel and a real fine choice to say the least. The staff were incredibly proficient and responsive throughout. Our holiday would have been a nightmare had it not been for the consideration and courtesy of the Kenya Bay Management and Staff. My wife was not well and could not walk without great discomfort and pain. Even getting to the dining hall was an impediment. But the management and staff at the Hotel went out of their way to make her comfortable. They even made available a seafront room right next to the dining hall so that my wife would have token distances to stroll. Meals were excellent, especially the dinners which were not only enjoyable but expansive in choice as well.
Would just like to say a special thanks for the efforts of Heike, the reception staff, the waiting staff, the house keeping…to name but a few. Finally a big thank you to the Directors for making our stay so wonderful & memorable and helping your team achieve the level of professionalism that they all have.

• Liked — The location of room, next to the beach and lovely gardens.
  • Disliked — The airconditioning needs an upgrade.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2009

We spent a week at this hotel over New Years & enjoyed evey minute of it. The service was excellent, from the reception we received by the Manager Heike to the all the hotel staff.
There was a variety of different dishes daily with a fabuluos spread on New Years Eve. The rooms were peaceful, clean and very comfortable.
We found plenty to do. Jet skis available just short walk down the beach along with a handfull of some very nice bars & restaurants. We didn't have to go far to find the local nightlife. Il Covo bar/restaurant is right next door. Great!
I stayed here 4 years ago and noticed some very positive changes. The rooms & bathrooms are new renovated & workmanship is really good.
Will definately be returning soon. Keep up thje good work Kenya Bay

• Liked — The service by staff
  • Disliked — n/a
Nairobi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2009

I stayed at the Kenya Bay Hotel as it was recommended by a friend. It was the most interesting stay I have had in Mombasa in years. The staff are courteous, the animators are innovative, friendly and helpful. The meals were excellent and well planned. The activities were enough to keep my family active, and most important the rooms were quite and well serviced. I am looking forward to another memorable holiday at Kenya Bay - more days this time!

• Liked — Hospitality and the Involvement of the staff
  • Disliked — One has to book early to get a room
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2009

I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights in December. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the rooms as I was told it was a 3 star when i had booked it. The rooms were operated by key cards, there was a safe and TV present aswell. The Air conditioner even had a remote! The bathroom was very modern and was equipped with magnifying mirrors and hair dryers.
The food at the hotel was overall very good. I found the staff very friendly and especially helpful at the beach front in getting beds ready and delivering the much needed cold drinks while soaking up the sun!
The location of the hotel is excellent, restaurants and night clubs are literally next door. Go-karting (which i went to twice) was located a few minutes away aswell!

• Liked — The beach
rss123
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2009

Kenya Bay is excellent in every respect: friendly and efficient staff, great food (always a variety of dishes at all meal times), and ideally situated on bamburi beach (with options for arranging various watersports next door at Aquadrome, big bonus!). We stayed in rooms which had been newly renovated, the bathrooms were superb.

Oh and how could I forget...free internet!

Also found that the rates are cheaper if booked via their website. Having visited mombasa on numerous occasions in the past 20years, I can thoroughly recommended staying at Kenya Bay!

• Liked — Location, food, rooms
  • Disliked — -
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2008

We contacted the hotel for a holiday stay after various non -satisfactory stays at some hotels in North coast. To our amazement the rates were similar to what we were paying elsewhere and getting bad food, overcrowded facilities etc. We were so happy last year with our stay that we decided to come back to the hotel this year and plan to come back next year! We spent quality time together and had fantastic food. The waiters and staff are very friendly and trustworthy. They listen to any matters raised whether minor or major.
The evening programme events after dinner add flavour to the enjoyable stay at the hotel. The swimming pool is great!
We have come to love this hotel and have recommended to some of our friends.
Mr. & Mrs. Cyrus Khalusi,
Nairobi, KENYA.

• Liked — Clean and quiet.
  • Disliked — Beach - no collective responsibility to clean ocean trash.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Kenya Bay Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!