“absolutely fantastic !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kenya Bay Beach Hotel

You added Kenya Bay Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Kenya Bay Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Mombasa Malindi Road | Bamburi Beach, Bamburi, Mombasa 80100, Kenya   |
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Bamburi
Nairobi
“absolutely fantastic !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2008

We have just returned from a week at the Kenya Bay Beach hotel situated on probably the finest beach in Mombasa.
The service and staff are very friendly and made our stay very pleasant. Rooms are beautifully furnished,neat and clean with easy access to the beach and dining areas.The food is really out of this world and made us not to venture out to eat at othet resturants. The pool is great and large enough for adults and children. The pool attendants were wonderful, laying out towels and sun beds as we wanted. Evening entertainment is lively and fun.

Not an expensive hotel and overall we would say this is probably the best hotel we have ever stayed in Mombasa at this price range.

• Liked — beautiful rooms, excellent colour schemes
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Polish first
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2008

An excellent choice of hotel. Friendly service, great food, cleanliness a motto, lovely view of the beach from the room. Lucky to have stayed at Kenya Bay Beach Hotel to make our stay worthwhile in Kenya.
To add icing to the cake, all the watersport on the doorstep. Jet skiing too. Speciality restaurants a walk away and the staff most helpful. definitely coming back to Kenya Bay next summer!

• Liked — View
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
Noord-Brabant Holland/ Mombasa Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2008

In August we stayed one week at the Kenya Bay Beach Resort in Mombasa, Kenya. We had a wonderful stay, nice, clean rooms. Enough space in the room. Bathroom is small but all what you need is there, only the water coming for the showers is very low and mostly almost cold. But as Mombasa is hot, we didn't mind on this. The rooms have a large balcony and wherever your room is, you have seaview (partly or front). We stayed on bed and breakfast basis, the breakfast was good. fresh fruits, bread, toast, egg station, coffee and tea and as well fresh juices. In the afternoon we could enjoy coffee and tea for free. There is internet service available free of charge at the reception. If you see the internetsite of this accommodation, you have low expectations of this accommodation, but the reality is better. This hotel is rated as 3-star, but our experience is 4-star!
Heike, thanks for this wonderful stay! We definately come back to Kenya Bay!

• Liked — Rooms and location on the beach
  • Disliked — nothing,we had a good stay
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
sheffield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2008

My wife and I booked 5 nights at the Kenya Bay in Bamburi, Mombasa as a relaxing break after two weeks sari and camping in the bush. After flying from Nairobi to Mombasa we were picked up by a taxi arranged by the hotel and swiftly taken to the hotel Check-in was simple and we got a welcome drink and flowers for my wife. Our room was spacious and spotless overlooking the beautiful gardens. The hotel grounds had landscaped gardens, fish ponds, pool, beach bar and restaurant. We were immediately impressed by the hotel and all of its very helpful and friendly staff. Nothing was too much out of their way when it came to hospitality. The food at breakfast and dinner was buffet-style with more than enough quality food and flavours.

The hotel was positioned right on the beach alongside other hotels such as Whitesands and Travellers Beach. Having looked around Whitesands we realised that posh and expensive was not for us and the Kenya Bay fitted the bill just perfectly. Evening entertainment was usually local acrobats and dancers so it was nice to see amateurs getting a break. There is also a quiet beach bar, ping pong and pool.

Outside the hotel you have to run the gauntlet of beach boys touting boat trips, wooden animals, jewellery and whatever they can sell. This is a known annoyance of Mombasa's beaches but you get used to them and they get used to you saying "No". Outside the front gate is the main Mombasa to Malindi road alongside which you will find the Haller Park Nature Park and Bamburi Nature Trails. Go to both, they are worth seeing and you are left to your own devices which is a welcome break from the beach. If you like watersports, boat trips and snorkeling, the hotel has a watersports centre and have everything that you need.

Overall we made an excellent choice by staying at Kenya Bay and I would throughly recommend it in all ways. We love Kenya Bay.

• Liked — Friendly staff. all-round cleanliness, lovely food, quiet
  • Disliked — Beach boys (not Kenya Bay's fault, they are everywhere)
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Canada, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2008

OVERALL SATISFACTION: Above Average to Excellent
COMMENTS: I visited Kenya Bay Beach Hotel for my first trip to Kenya's coast. I thoroughly enjoyed my short stay which began with a first class train ride from Nairobi to Mombassa (recommended by Heike, the Operations Manager) and a taxi ride to Kenya Bay Beach.

In advance of my trip, Heike, provided me with useful tips to ensure a pleasant trip to the coast and to Hotel. She was also very prompt in accomodating my needs when I arrived and sought a room closer to the beach. A nice touch was that Heike provided the room with flowers when our room change was complete. This was a very welcomed gesture!

The beachfront property views are stunning and around the clock hotel security protects you from incessant hawkers on the beach. These people are mostly just trying desparately to make a living but it can be extremely irritating just to talk a walk along the beachfront during the day without being bothered when all you really want to do is browse and enjoy. I did spend time dealing with the hawkers, but when I wanted a break, I was glad to lounge on the hotel grounds. The wait staff in the dining room was absolutely fantastic as were the porters, reception desk staff and masseuse. Although the cashier could smile a bit when he takes your money, lol. The daily meals were more than ample and there was quite a variety given the small numbers of guests during my stay. This hotel is also within short matatu ride distance to a shopping centre where you have banks, travel agents, grocery store, restaurants, etc. The deluxe rooms were very spacious, had air con. ample lighting, lots of hot water, and though close to the dining room and beach, were also very private.

Alas, my stay was all too brief and some day I hope for a chance to return. I'm glad I found the hotel on line and would recommend it wholeheartedly. Since I mostly travel on budget, I found the prices somewhat high during a slack tourist season, however still better value than other places on the net. Thank you Heike and staff for making my short stay a pleasant and relaxing one.

• Liked — The beach views
  • Disliked — No elevator if you wish to stay in the main building with wonderfully renovated rooms.
  • Stayed April 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Luxembourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2008

Excellent hotel, I was there last week, very kind stuff, they have given me everything I need, very delicious food, Big bed room, very comfortable, very very clean, and everything for a very little budget.
I truly recomand this hotel, I'll be there again on next January for sure.

Anacleto, Luxembourg

• Liked — Food
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008
Holland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

A stay in Kenya Bay is always very relaxing. The staff is wonderfull , friendly and give good services. If you just want to relax or some activities, its all there!

Asante Sana, Kwa heri!

Best Regards

Lizette Andeweg
Holland

• Liked — The friendly staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Kenya Bay Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!