“Home away from home-lovely” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kenya Bay Beach Hotel

You added Kenya Bay Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Kenya Bay Beach Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Mombasa Malindi Road | Bamburi Beach, Bamburi, Mombasa 80100, Kenya   |
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Bamburi
Nairobi, Kenya
“Home away from home-lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

being secong time in coast region but first time in kenya bay beach hotel,this has been a great holiday for our honeymoon. everything is beautiful, lovely staff, duty manager always on concern. delicious food, great view to the ecean. this is great.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Polish first
Kampala, Uganda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

My first trip to Kenya . Very good hotel, well maintained. Lovely staffs with smile on face. rooms are good with good amenities . Overall a pleasant stay. Food in restaurant and service up to the mark.

• Stayed July 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I loved the hotel in general, starting from the reception as we arrived, the rooms, the services and facilities in the hotel, the food especially dinner.

I have resided in the hotel for a second time and was well pleased with everything, just like last time.

Kudos to Kenya Bay Beach Hotel

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

This is a decent comfortable three star hotel on a very popular stretch of beach. The location is excellent if you want restaurants, activities and shopping around you. I booked directly, and called the hotel four times to book two rooms, book a transfer from the airport and to confirm that I had paid for my accommodation in the hotel's bank account, and scanned and sent a copy of the banking slip to the hotel's e-mail address. Horror of horrors, when I was checking out, I was being told that I had to pay for the accommodation again since the payment was not reflected in my account! The hotel probably had not more than ten rooms occupied, and if they could not manage such a basic issue with such low occupancy, what would happen in the high season?This was a disappointing part of the two night stay at Kenya Bay, but overall, the pool was good, the rooms good, the location excellent and the buffets also have a good variety with reasonably tasty food. Well done to all staff involved.

Room Tip: The superior rooms on the left side (as one comes in to the hotel) are quite adequate. Close to the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
nairobi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

My son celebrates his birthday in early February and I decided a family holiday over their half term holidays the week after would do us all a world of good. My kids and I were really looking forward to this break as it would be the first time we got away since the Westgate attacks where they were hurt. Yes indeed, a holiday was what was definitely needed.
I went to their website and as always, found it very easy to do my bookings online. I have had a horrid experience while booking a hotel in India once, many moons ago, but none of that at Kenya Bay as I have booked with them before online and have been happy with the way everything was handled. The site is easy to navigate and there are some lovely pictures to look at while you’re there. These are not enhanced or touched up or modified at all because when you get to the hotel, what you saw is what you will get.
Our welcome to the hotel was charming and the kids were quite taken with the complimentary refreshing tropical juice that was served as I filled in the necessary paperwork. Within minutes we were whisked off to our room and the squeals of delight that my kids emitted had me smiling as I’m sure we had what we deemed to be the best room at Kenya Bay. The beach was literally a stone’s throw from the balcony and so were the sunbeds and the main restaurant Acacia, where all the main meals are served. I’m a bit of a stickler when it comes to bathrooms and nodded happily when I saw the lovely bathroom with extremely modern amenities and complimentary bathroom essentials that were replenished daily.
On the first night, there was a complimentary cake from the management team for my son who was really delighted with the surprise as staff members gathered around him to make a big deal of his special day. I believe he was the happiest nine year old that day. Acacia Restaurant serves up all the main meals and I can always tell a restaurant is serving a great buffet when my kids’ appetites dictate they try a bit of everything. Every day there was a good variety of different foods and I must admit that our favourite meal of the day was breakfast as we would enjoy a filling meal and then I’d go look for a sunbed to sleep on for the rest of the day.
Great service from the pool attendants ensured I enjoyed vegging out completely, relaxing and catching up on that precious commodity sleep, while the kids enjoyed themselves in the pool. My son actually made friends with a bevy of German tourist ladies and would join them for water aerobics every morning. Quite a popular lad, that one.
Munchies would rear up after 2pm because the kids would have swam and run around on the beach to build up an appetite for lunch and Frangipani restaurant catered to all their needs. A great mixed menu from light bites to a filling meal were available and even I must admit I did sneak in a milkshake and totally enjoyed it as I watched the ocean in front of me.
In a nutshell, the food is good, the rooms are lovely, staff are excellent and honestly speaking, it may be a three star hotel but I rate their service and amenities better than some five star hotels next door.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I went there with my family nearly the 3rd time and I must say I have no regrets going there every time I go mombasa the rooms the food everything is excellent my only request would be of they could add a bit of Indian breakfast in there menu. Otherwise am happy with the kenya bay team and special kudos to Stella she is a lovely person and would always be there to help us. Can't wait to return to Kenya bay beach hotel

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

My wife and I visited Kenya Bay hotel over Christmas and New year's period in 2013. After a few trips to South Coast of Mombasa we decided on a change of scenery and planned a trip to the famous North coast. There were a few hotels along the popular stretch of beach known as Bamburi, and after extensive research we found ourselves booking 6 nights at Kenya Bay hotel, which I have to say did not disappoint us in the slightest. As soon as we arrived we knew we had made the right choice, a very warm reception with a lovely welcome drink. My wife and I were very weary after a long journey from the UK and the staff at reception were amazing. They made us feel so happy to be there, escorted us to our room after one of the quickest check-ins I have ever experienced. I would very much recommend the refurbished executive rooms which have amazing views.

Our stay was extremely comfortable and anything we wanted was a phone call to the reception away. The buffet spread was amazing on all days and exceptionally good on New Years eve. When feeling peckish, we found ourselves in the very cool sea-view restaurant Frangipani with great food. The location of the hotel is great, with Il-covo italian restaurant on the left and Yules Water sports and restaurant on the right. If you are a sports enthusiast like I am, be sure to make the daily 5pm Volleyball matches on the Beach. We made so many friends and cannot wait to go back.

The one negative was the amount traffic we found leaving the hotel to get to the airport. Leave well in advance as this popular strip of the coast can get quite busy on the roads.

• Stayed December 2013

Been to Kenya Bay Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!