“Great time” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Malindi Road, Bamburi, Mombasa 80100, Kenya   |
Ranked #4 of 14 hotels in Bamburi
“Great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I have just returned from Travellers (where I am a regular visitor) and find it as good as ever. The service I received was excellent from everyone from the managers to my room steward. The room was as requested and very spacious with its own sitting and dressing areas - not luxurious but more than adequate. Food was good and plentiful. The 3 pools are clean and especially the lower one is vast.

A shame that the FCO advisory will make people think twice about coming here. I felt quite safe - even when going out of the hotel, although would not choose to go to central Mombasa at any time.

Pauline B.

Room Tip: Rooms near the upper pools are quietest, those by the bottom pool have sea views.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
TBHMSA, General Manager at Travellers Beach Hotel & Club, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

It was such a pleasure to read your valuable comments after your last stay with us. We thank you for your recognition of all the hard work put in by my team in ensuring that every single guest feels cared for, valued and respected.

I am delighted to learn that you experienced a very high level of friendly and professional service.I have shared your compliments with my Team Members.

It will always be our pleasure to welcome you back again. Should you need any assistance in respect to your future stay, please feel free to reach me at gm@travellershtl.com

518 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Liked the ambiance and the staff were really warm and welcoming.

The food was wanting in terms of variety.

A little bit of discrimination by the staff i.e. between blacks and whites

Liked the rooms.

Good choice for family vacation

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I visited this hotel with my wife and 8yr old over Easter 2014 and was pleasantly surprised at how well I was treated despite the large number of holiday makers at that time.

When we arrives getting a room was delayed but they offered us a nice lunch as they sorted it out. After checking in, we found the room at a location we had specified. Another plus for them... meals, ambience and the staff were great.

A special commendation to the Manager called Wafula who made sure everything went well for us.

Only problem was we were not informed that the hotel is split into two the club and the beach. The club was all inclusive and anyone could swim in the evening unlike the beach where pool closed at 6pm or so.

All in all a great place.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I am currently holidaying at travellers beach hotel Mombasa, a hurried trip without much planning and I am pleasantly surprised. It doesn't cost soo much like other hotels in the area yet it's paradise enough. We got lovely rooms 609 and 608 that face the ocean and the view is spectacular.

Room Tip: I suppose all the rooms are good but the ones facing the beach give a better view
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
TBHMSA, General Manager at Travellers Beach Hotel & Club, responded to this review, April 25, 2014

Zagreb, Croatia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

The hotel was fine, the food also. We even spent New Year's there, the celebration was organized in the garden with tons of different food.
Would definitely visit again because it is affordable and the staff was very helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

The hotel is situated next to a lovely Italian restaurant, and that's about all. The hotel itself is kept clean and the room was very nice with an amazing view of the Indian ocean. The only problem with this hotel is its policy on allowing in prostitutes.
We are a interracial couple in our mid 30's with me being a Caucasian male and my wife being of African origin, but not Kenyan. Nearly every night of our stay my wife was confronted at the security post to enquire had she paid to stay here, the stay was part of our honeymoon. Therefore if you are a white male, married to a black female then I would stay in diani beach as this area is full of older white men with young black ladies.
We did complain to the customer relations manager whom admitted that the hotel had this issue previously, she was polite and left a bottle of wine in our room as a good will gesture. I still wouldn't return here though.

Room Tip: Only stay here if you're not an interracial married couple!! Superior rooms have the best sea v...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I was at Travellers Beach Hotel for a small conference. Although I am at ease in China and Latin America, this was my first trip to Africa, so I was a but shaky. But I didn't need to be. The staff were super friendly and helpful. Brigid at Guest Services went the extra mile a couple of times to attend to various off-resort requests. Travellers Beach has everything to make you feel comfy and secure. It's clean, has bed nets for mosquito magnets, big rooms, perfect beds. At the same time, it is far from a sterile American-Euro-chain clone. The itinerant monkeys rambling around the edges and the morning hornbills in the trees remind you that this isn't Kansas. My only caveat - if you plan on eating at one of the "sit-down" restaurants instead of the buffet, make sure that you give yourself at least two hours.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
TBHMSA, General Manager at Travellers Beach Hotel & Club, responded to this review, April 24, 2014

GENERAL MANAGER

Been to Travellers Beach Hotel & Club? Share your experiences!