“Affordable paradise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Bamburi
Nairobi, Kenya
“Affordable paradise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I am currently holidaying at travellers beach hotel Mombasa, a hurried trip without much planning and I am pleasantly surprised. It doesn't cost soo much like other hotels in the area yet it's paradise enough. We got lovely rooms 609 and 608 that face the ocean and the view is spectacular.

Room Tip: I suppose all the rooms are good but the ones facing the beach give a better view
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
TBHMSA, General Manager at Travellers Beach Hotel & Club, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

It was such a pleasure to read your valuable comments after your last stay with us. We thank you for your recognition of all the hard work put in by my team in ensuring that every single guest feels cared for, valued and respected.

I am delighted to learn that you experienced a very high level of friendly and professional service.I have shared your compliments with my Team Members.

It will always be our pleasure to welcome you back again. Should you need any assistance in respect to your future stay, please feel free to reach me at gm@travellershtl.com

GENERAL MANAGER

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Zagreb, Croatia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

The hotel was fine, the food also. We even spent New Year's there, the celebration was organized in the garden with tons of different food.
Would definitely visit again because it is affordable and the staff was very helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

The hotel is situated next to a lovely Italian restaurant, and that's about all. The hotel itself is kept clean and the room was very nice with an amazing view of the Indian ocean. The only problem with this hotel is its policy on allowing in prostitutes.
We are a interracial couple in our mid 30's with me being a Caucasian male and my wife being of African origin, but not Kenyan. Nearly every night of our stay my wife was confronted at the security post to enquire had she paid to stay here, the stay was part of our honeymoon. Therefore if you are a white male, married to a black female then I would stay in diani beach as this area is full of older white men with young black ladies.
We did complain to the customer relations manager whom admitted that the hotel had this issue previously, she was polite and left a bottle of wine in our room as a good will gesture. I still wouldn't return here though.

Room Tip: Only stay here if you're not an interracial married couple!! Superior rooms have the best sea v...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I was at Travellers Beach Hotel for a small conference. Although I am at ease in China and Latin America, this was my first trip to Africa, so I was a but shaky. But I didn't need to be. The staff were super friendly and helpful. Brigid at Guest Services went the extra mile a couple of times to attend to various off-resort requests. Travellers Beach has everything to make you feel comfy and secure. It's clean, has bed nets for mosquito magnets, big rooms, perfect beds. At the same time, it is far from a sterile American-Euro-chain clone. The itinerant monkeys rambling around the edges and the morning hornbills in the trees remind you that this isn't Kansas. My only caveat - if you plan on eating at one of the "sit-down" restaurants instead of the buffet, make sure that you give yourself at least two hours.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
TBHMSA, General Manager at Travellers Beach Hotel & Club, responded to this review, April 24, 2014

Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Just returned today from a two week trip to Masai Mara and add on at Travellers Beach Club. Cant fault the hotel at all. Would recommend this hotel; excellent service from all staff, (James Sewe our waiter especially), nothing was too much trouble, the food was five star and excellent entertainment in the evenings (all inclusive part only). Once you get over the initial shock of the beach sellers (just tell them to leave you alone, they get the hint eventually) and dont buy from them until you have visited the wood carvers on the outskirts of Mombassa. We found a fabulous little place just along the beach from the hotel where we had numerous massages from Esther and Ayesha (600 kenyan shillings for an hour). Those girls work hard. Take the Tamarind Dhow trip too as this was well worth the money (La Marina restaurant in Mtwapa). All in all, first class holiday and one day hope to go back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
TBHMSA, General Manager at Travellers Beach Hotel & Club, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to learn that you not only experienced a very high level of friendly and professional service but also enjoyed the variety of food and beverage offered in our Hotel. I have shared your compliments with my Team Members.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Visited this hotel after 16 years and brought back a lot of memories, was checked in with a smile just how i remembered the last time. Still has excellent service and good food, Rooms could do with some modernization but then again it gives you that excellent vintage feel. Would recommend this hotel for anyone traveling to Mombasa.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

This was a return visit after 16 years and the hotel and its staff didn’t disappoint us . There are two parts to this lovely Kenyan Hotel. Travellers Club which is mainly all inclusive and Travellers Beach. Travellers Club is quite lively and offers plenty of activities for guests and their families. We prefer a quieter setting so the Somak representative arranged for us to move to Travellers Beach on our second day.
If you prefer a sterile international hotel then Traveller Beach is not for you. This hotel offers a personal service to all its guests without being intrusive or over bearing, the staff are not constantly looking for tips but are there when you need them. The recently refurbished rooms are clean and comfortable and there is an excellent range of food to suit all tastes either in the main restaurants, the Indian or Italian.
The gardens are well maintained with plenty of shade or sun. The pools in the resort are spotlessly clean and there are more than enough sunbeds for everyone. The garden Bistro and sea-view bar serve an excellent range of food and drinks and the staff go the extra mile to accommodate your needs.
The General Manager, Freddie Kiuru, really has his finger on the pulse and can be seen most days throughout the hotel managing by walking around and talking to guests and his staff.

Room Tip: If you like a live hotel with lots of activity choose Travellers Club for a more laid back, quieter...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
TBHMSA, General Manager at Travellers Beach Hotel & Club, responded to this review, February 24, 2014

GENERAL MANAGER

Been to Travellers Beach Hotel & Club? Share your experiences!