“Good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 14 hotels in Bamburi
Zagreb, Croatia
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

The hotel was fine, the food also. We even spent New Year's there, the celebration was organized in the garden with tons of different food.
Would definitely visit again because it is affordable and the staff was very helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
TBHMSA, General Manager at Travellers Beach Hotel & Club, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

It was such a pleasure to read your valuable comments after your last stay with us. We thank you for your recognition of all the hard work put in by my team in ensuring that every single guest feels cared for, valued and respected.

I am delighted to learn that you experienced a very high level of friendly and professional service.I have shared your compliments with my Team Members.

It will always be our pleasure to welcome you back again. Should you need any assistance in respect to your future stay, please feel free to reach me at gm@travellershtl.com

533 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

The hotel is situated next to a lovely Italian restaurant, and that's about all. The hotel itself is kept clean and the room was very nice with an amazing view of the Indian ocean. The only problem with this hotel is its policy on allowing in prostitutes.
We are a interracial couple in our mid 30's with me being a Caucasian male and my wife being of African origin, but not Kenyan. Nearly every night of our stay my wife was confronted at the security post to enquire had she paid to stay here, the stay was part of our honeymoon. Therefore if you are a white male, married to a black female then I would stay in diani beach as this area is full of older white men with young black ladies.
We did complain to the customer relations manager whom admitted that the hotel had this issue previously, she was polite and left a bottle of wine in our room as a good will gesture. I still wouldn't return here though.

Room Tip: Only stay here if you're not an interracial married couple!! Superior rooms have the best sea v...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I was at Travellers Beach Hotel for a small conference. Although I am at ease in China and Latin America, this was my first trip to Africa, so I was a but shaky. But I didn't need to be. The staff were super friendly and helpful. Brigid at Guest Services went the extra mile a couple of times to attend to various off-resort requests. Travellers Beach has everything to make you feel comfy and secure. It's clean, has bed nets for mosquito magnets, big rooms, perfect beds. At the same time, it is far from a sterile American-Euro-chain clone. The itinerant monkeys rambling around the edges and the morning hornbills in the trees remind you that this isn't Kansas. My only caveat - if you plan on eating at one of the "sit-down" restaurants instead of the buffet, make sure that you give yourself at least two hours.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
TBHMSA, General Manager at Travellers Beach Hotel & Club, responded to this review, April 24, 2014

Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Just returned today from a two week trip to Masai Mara and add on at Travellers Beach Club. Cant fault the hotel at all. Would recommend this hotel; excellent service from all staff, (James Sewe our waiter especially), nothing was too much trouble, the food was five star and excellent entertainment in the evenings (all inclusive part only). Once you get over the initial shock of the beach sellers (just tell them to leave you alone, they get the hint eventually) and dont buy from them until you have visited the wood carvers on the outskirts of Mombassa. We found a fabulous little place just along the beach from the hotel where we had numerous massages from Esther and Ayesha (600 kenyan shillings for an hour). Those girls work hard. Take the Tamarind Dhow trip too as this was well worth the money (La Marina restaurant in Mtwapa). All in all, first class holiday and one day hope to go back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
TBHMSA, General Manager at Travellers Beach Hotel & Club, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to learn that you not only experienced a very high level of friendly and professional service but also enjoyed the variety of food and beverage offered in our Hotel. I have shared your compliments with my Team Members.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Visited this hotel after 16 years and brought back a lot of memories, was checked in with a smile just how i remembered the last time. Still has excellent service and good food, Rooms could do with some modernization but then again it gives you that excellent vintage feel. Would recommend this hotel for anyone traveling to Mombasa.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

This was a return visit after 16 years and the hotel and its staff didn’t disappoint us . There are two parts to this lovely Kenyan Hotel. Travellers Club which is mainly all inclusive and Travellers Beach. Travellers Club is quite lively and offers plenty of activities for guests and their families. We prefer a quieter setting so the Somak representative arranged for us to move to Travellers Beach on our second day.
If you prefer a sterile international hotel then Traveller Beach is not for you. This hotel offers a personal service to all its guests without being intrusive or over bearing, the staff are not constantly looking for tips but are there when you need them. The recently refurbished rooms are clean and comfortable and there is an excellent range of food to suit all tastes either in the main restaurants, the Indian or Italian.
The gardens are well maintained with plenty of shade or sun. The pools in the resort are spotlessly clean and there are more than enough sunbeds for everyone. The garden Bistro and sea-view bar serve an excellent range of food and drinks and the staff go the extra mile to accommodate your needs.
The General Manager, Freddie Kiuru, really has his finger on the pulse and can be seen most days throughout the hotel managing by walking around and talking to guests and his staff.

Room Tip: If you like a live hotel with lots of activity choose Travellers Club for a more laid back, quieter...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
TBHMSA, General Manager at Travellers Beach Hotel & Club, responded to this review, February 24, 2014

Chennai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Was in Mombassa for 2 days in December 2013 on a business trip; due to the shortage of good hotels in downtown, settled for the beach hotel. The hotel is a typical beach resort, and the layout is very nice, with a large pool meandering through from the lobby till almost the beach.Don't expect business hotel efficiency here, though...this is a holiday resort, and everything moves at a holiday pace! The check in was a bit slow and we had to wait around for about 15 minutes before we got our keys. I had forgotten to specify a sea facing room during reservation, so I was put in a room on the opposite side. The room is huge, sprawling..a big king size double bed AND a single bed, provided with mosquito nets, a 2 seater and a single seater couch, with a big coffee table, flat screen TV, tea & coffee maker, hair dryer etc. There is a walk-in wardrobe with more than enough space to keep your bags. The bathroom is also spacious, with a big bathtub. There is a decent sized balcony with two chairs and a small coffee table to sit outside. A word of caution about the safe deposit safe in the room- make sure that you lock it and open it a couple of times without putting anything inside, since it is an old style mechanical combination lock- my friend had kept his money and passport inside in the safe in his room and locked it, and could not open it later, so we had to call the manager to come and open the safe! The free breakfast buffet in the main dining hall is decent. They have a free wi-fi, but the signal is very inconsistent and weak, and the connection keeps dropping in most areas. They have 3 bars, one in the main building next to the lobby, one near the pool, and the best one- right on the beach with a lovely view, where you can relax with a nice cold drink in the evening and enjoy the sea breeze. They also have an Italian/ Continental restaurant and a North Indian/ Punjabi restaurant, food in both place were good.For the price I paid for the room, it was good value for money. The check out was also handled efficiently- but another word of caution- if you are paying by cash, make sure that you convert your dollars or Euros outside at some money exchange before you settle the bill, as the hotel exchange rates are atrociously low- more than 10% lower than outside market rates, and on top of that, they charge a 3% commission/tax on the exchange! Overall, a nice relaxed beach resort type hotel with a terrific ambiance, ideal for a holiday or a weekend getaway.

Room Tip: They have both traditional room with breakfast, and full board options, so choose based on what you...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

GENERAL MANAGER

Been to Travellers Beach Hotel & Club? Share your experiences!