We have just returned from the Travellers Beach Hotel where we spent the second week of our honeymoon. We chose this hotel because it was the cheapest one listed when we booked the holiday, yet having read up about it, it seemed okay so we decided we would give it a go. We had made friends with some people we met on safari the week before, and they were stopping at the Voyager. When we dropped them off first, we did wonder if we had made a mistake as the Voyager looked fantastic, but as soon as we arrived at the Travellers we knew we had made the right decision.
The hotel itself is lovely. The grounds are beautiful, the location is perfect. The hotel rooms are spacious and clean. I can't compliment the cleaning staff enough. Each day they were in, cleaning the room and changing our sheets. The room was immaculate and the bed was perfectly made.
We stopped half board, choosing to pay for our light lunch each day rather than go all-inclusive. The food was reasonably priced, and of top quality. The catering and waiting staff were also excellent. There was plenty of choice of food at all times of day, and the waiting staff cleared the tables as soon as we had finished each course. You would never get this level of service back home! All the staff were excellent, but I would especially like to give mention to Latan, who was our waiter for the week and was brilliant. He couldn't have been more friendly and helpful so special thanks to him for making our holiday special.
The staff at the hotel are all very friendly - everyone will speak to you, calling out a cheerful "Jambo!" as you walk past. This is true of the reception staff, all the staff working in the bars and restaurants, the cleaners and maintenance staff, the pool staff and the security guards. We felt like we had got to know everyone in that week and we were quite sad to leave there.
So, my advice to anyone reading this review and wondering whether to choose the Travellers Beach Hotel is to go for it. Over and over my husband and I said how we were glad we hadn't paid extra and gone elsewhere as we couldn't have got anything extra that we didn't get at the Travellers. I want to return to Kenya (both for safari and Mombasa), and when we do return to Mombasa I will definitely be staying at the Travellers again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travellers Beach Hotel is dedicated to give you a relaxed and home like feeling. Travellers Beach hotel provides a 4 star accommodation facility with luxurious amenities to enhance your stay and make it a memorable one. The amenities include; telephone services, split air conditioner, balconies with panoramic view of the ocean and the swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Travellers Beach Hotel & Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travellers Beach Hotel And Club
- Travellers Beach Bamburi
- Hotel Travellers Beach
- Travellers Beach Hotel Mombasa
- Travellers Beach Hotel Kenya
- Travellers Beach Hotel & Club Kenya/Bamburi