“Holiday at Kahama” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Kahama Hotel

You added Kahama Hotel to your Saves list
Kahama Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Malindi Road | P.O. Box 10626-80101, Bamburi, Mombasa, Kenya   |
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Bamburi
Nairobi, Kenya
“Holiday at Kahama”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

The food is excellent, staff at the pool bar exceptional, service wise. Rooms are cousy and spacious, however, instructions on how to open the safe in the room need to be printed instead of having to wait for over 12hrs for a member of staff to come and open it for you. The faiba WIFI is a huge disappointment. Never works and when it does, for 5 minutes and only at the pool bar. Swimming pool as always is superb, but the let down was no running water in the ladies' changing room shower.

Room Tip: I recommend the superior room anytime.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stayed back in March with my spouse .Being local tourists we were not given a warm welcome as they undermined our potential until they asked for ID cards and found out that we were not holding kenyan ID and tables turned.anyway that aside,we booked a regular room and the porter a maasai was so sweet,he explained all room features when he escorted us to the room and even offered additional assistance whenever we require.The stay was awesome,breakfast was sumptous and the pool was to die for.Housekeeping service was welldone although the lady who cleaned our room looked so upset everytime and never smiled especially when we accidentally broke one of the water glasses in the room she was so adamant claiming that it will be deducted from her salary,when we enquired whether we should pay in the reception she got upset,i guess she wanted us to pay her directly.Otherwise everything else was outstanding however a minibar in the room should come handy considering the warm weather to keep water and drinks cool during the stay.Check out was fast and the lady (such a shame i didnt get her name) was very courteous and recognised me by name as i approached her.such a sweet and memorable departure.Would definately stay there again sometime.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We had a Perfect holiday ,Relaxable for the month feb 2014 All of that we got at Kahama Hotel in Bamburi beach Mombasa.
The Drinks Price are reasonable,Food as well and nice Breakfast everyday.
The swimming Pool is Supper and we would like to thanks a lot to the swimming pool man we forgot his name he has been very friendly and helpful with a lots of charming and know how to handle the guest at the pool.
For the Rooms i Can't even Mention how beautiful are we stayed room no:114 that was my second home for sure.

The receptionist are very proffessional we met with two ladies Naomi and the other one we forgot her name unfortunately they always do an excellent job over there.

We spent two nights was so fab and my uncle Haron didn't wanted to check out during our departure Time.

We miss the Massai Ambassodor especial Daniel was so friendly and helpful to us we always remebr you all guys for sure.

And we promised you we will be back again soon this year and stay longer to the perfect paradise Kahama in Bamburi Mombasa.

Please keep it up and maintain that standard .
We love you all.

Room Tip: The roomms are perfect and very clean and quiet nice for sleeping
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Kasha a is a nice little hotel, that has a very East African feel to it. The rooms are big sized, air conditioning works, bed is comfortable, and the hotel is managed to a decent standard of cleanliness.

Breakfast is very basic, but it is included.

The pool is small, but why swim in it when you can walk down to the beach and instead swim in the Indian Ocean?

Irritatingly there are no in-room safes, so you have to lock your valuables in the hotel safe, and it is a bit of a process to access these...

They sometimes get a bit loud in the evening at the on site bar when there are sporting events also.

Overall pretty good for a budget hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
San Francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

They charge extra to use the room safe. My camera was stolen from my room.

I asked them about this, and they said that they would check their security cameras and I left my phone number. I got no phone call, so I emailed them after returning from my trip.

They followed up to say they checked the security cameras, and no one entered my room. However, my laundry was dropped off so that was definitely not true. I understand if they weren't able to recover the camera, but don't lie to me about it.

Other than that the breakfast wasn't great; it was about an average continental breakfast. You can get room service from the pub next door (same business, I think) which is decent. The staff was friendly excepting the one that took my camera and the one that lied to me about checking the cameras.

The hotel doesn't have access to the beach directly, but you can go down a path and get there. The pub can be loud at night, especially since the rooms don't have sealed windows (some of the windows just have wooden blinds).

No internet access except at their computer (and I wouldn't trust it), but you can get a local sim card with data service for about $15 and the service is better than any hotel internet I found.

The shower was pretty ancient but worked fine, and the rest of the room was fairly new.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stayed with my family for a week and it was great ill definitely come back friendly staff few steps from the ocean close to town and a short walking distance from the road if you use matatu Munzuri Sana

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

For being incredibly close to Bamburi beach this place is a great deal! Rooms are big and nicely furnished. The ac is good, internet throughout, and everything is quite clean. The walk to the beach is short and easy. The pool is a welcome treat, especially during the hottest part of the day, because there's some shade and poolside wait service. Staff was extremely helpful throughout our stay. We ate dinner at the restaurant a few times and were not disappointed there either. Overall this place is great.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Kahama Hotel? Share your experiences!