“The Best Place to Chill” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kahama Hotel

You added Kahama Hotel to your Saves list
Kahama Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Malindi Road | P.O. Box 10626-80101, Bamburi, Mombasa, Kenya   |
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Bamburi
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
“The Best Place to Chill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We had a Perfect holiday ,Relaxable for the month feb 2014 All of that we got at Kahama Hotel in Bamburi beach Mombasa.
The Drinks Price are reasonable,Food as well and nice Breakfast everyday.
The swimming Pool is Supper and we would like to thanks a lot to the swimming pool man we forgot his name he has been very friendly and helpful with a lots of charming and know how to handle the guest at the pool.
For the Rooms i Can't even Mention how beautiful are we stayed room no:114 that was my second home for sure.

The receptionist are very proffessional we met with two ladies Naomi and the other one we forgot her name unfortunately they always do an excellent job over there.

We spent two nights was so fab and my uncle Haron didn't wanted to check out during our departure Time.

We miss the Massai Ambassodor especial Daniel was so friendly and helpful to us we always remebr you all guys for sure.

And we promised you we will be back again soon this year and stay longer to the perfect paradise Kahama in Bamburi Mombasa.

Please keep it up and maintain that standard .
We love you all.

Room Tip: The roomms are perfect and very clean and quiet nice for sleeping
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Kasha a is a nice little hotel, that has a very East African feel to it. The rooms are big sized, air conditioning works, bed is comfortable, and the hotel is managed to a decent standard of cleanliness.

Breakfast is very basic, but it is included.

The pool is small, but why swim in it when you can walk down to the beach and instead swim in the Indian Ocean?

Irritatingly there are no in-room safes, so you have to lock your valuables in the hotel safe, and it is a bit of a process to access these...

They sometimes get a bit loud in the evening at the on site bar when there are sporting events also.

Overall pretty good for a budget hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
San Francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

They charge extra to use the room safe. My camera was stolen from my room.

I asked them about this, and they said that they would check their security cameras and I left my phone number. I got no phone call, so I emailed them after returning from my trip.

They followed up to say they checked the security cameras, and no one entered my room. However, my laundry was dropped off so that was definitely not true. I understand if they weren't able to recover the camera, but don't lie to me about it.

Other than that the breakfast wasn't great; it was about an average continental breakfast. You can get room service from the pub next door (same business, I think) which is decent. The staff was friendly excepting the one that took my camera and the one that lied to me about checking the cameras.

The hotel doesn't have access to the beach directly, but you can go down a path and get there. The pub can be loud at night, especially since the rooms don't have sealed windows (some of the windows just have wooden blinds).

No internet access except at their computer (and I wouldn't trust it), but you can get a local sim card with data service for about $15 and the service is better than any hotel internet I found.

The shower was pretty ancient but worked fine, and the rest of the room was fairly new.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stayed with my family for a week and it was great ill definitely come back friendly staff few steps from the ocean close to town and a short walking distance from the road if you use matatu Munzuri Sana

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

For being incredibly close to Bamburi beach this place is a great deal! Rooms are big and nicely furnished. The ac is good, internet throughout, and everything is quite clean. The walk to the beach is short and easy. The pool is a welcome treat, especially during the hottest part of the day, because there's some shade and poolside wait service. Staff was extremely helpful throughout our stay. We ate dinner at the restaurant a few times and were not disappointed there either. Overall this place is great.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Nairobi, Kenya
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

My first time being here and quite frankly I wanted to check it out based on the positive reviews on Trip Advisor.
Pros:
Great location,amazing sports bar,clean rooms,hassle free swimming pool and great space.

Cons:
There was no safe in the room even though the brochure said the rooms have one, no pressing of clothes service after 6pm; it seems staff are too busy to leave early enough once their shift is done. Also, a little bit of courtesy from staff would be appreciated since they are working in the hospitality industry especially the room stewards.
The tea we had ordered had been prepared with salty water.Luckily it was rectified by the supervisor.

Other than that,I had an amazing time.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I always choose Kahama when I come to Mombasa for business. The rooms are very pleasant, service good and the staff very pleasant. Breakfast is always delightful - the restaurant by the pool is very attractive and peaceful and the wait staff always attentive. The best thing about this hotel is the staff, and the ambiance it has. When you have long stays (as I have done before) they accommodate all needs and go out of the way to make you feel comfortable. Housekeeping do a good job and the room is pleasant to come back to after a long hot day in the sun. I do wish though that they could have a small tea station in the room in case you may want an evening cup of something without having to call room service for it. Other than that I recommend it to anyone who wants to come to Mombasa for anything...and the sportsbar right outside your room is a definite bonus...all in one holiday :)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bamburi
Kenya Bay Beach Hotel
Reef Hotel
Reef Hotel
#18 of 53 in Mombasa
3.5 of 5 stars 293 reviews

Been to Kahama Hotel? Share your experiences!