“Cheap Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kahama Hotel

You added Kahama Hotel to your Saves list
Kahama Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Malindi Road | P.O. Box 10626-80101, Bamburi, Mombasa, Kenya   |
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Bamburi
Nairobi
“Cheap Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Considering the good rate per room Kahama is the a place to be....its near the public beach their sport Bar is super and their band is wow.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Nairobi, Kenya
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

Arrived on the Wednesday 3 am in Kahama hotel after a trip by air from Niamey to Mombasa ( 24 h underway). My cash money was finished and I had to get money from the bank early in the morning. The reception told me that they received my booking but no money no room. After a flight of 24H without sleeping that was all the reception said, my wife and I sat on a bench till the bank opened so I could pay the room. My job is to help developing countries to organise the Education system and people respect me for that. I am ashamed for these two girls at the Kahama Hotel in Mombasa refusing a room when we stayed in the same hotel for fourteen days in January 2012. I am asking myself who needs education? If these young girls don't know how to show respect than something is wrong. The motto of Kahama is Kenyan hospitality at its finest NO MONEY NO ROOM, what a shame. The two reception girls did not offer any drink, any help just NO MONEY NO ROOM.

Room Tip: Rooms at th end of the corridor are noisy
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Cornwall, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

October 2011 saw my husband and I stay at the Kahama hotel for the third time. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The superior rooms are fantastic. They are large with air conditioning, a TV and a lovely en suite. The pool is very clean and maintained every day. The entertainment and bar with kareoke is great entertainment. The fantastic, clean, white sanded beach is only 10 mins walk from the hotel. My husband and I love it and always have and always will return. Asante sana Kahama! ( Thank you very much in Swahili )

Room Tip: Superior room
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Southampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

I am a repeat visitor to Kahama and my only complaints are that the payment method can cause some headaches if you are not fully conversant with the system. This time we were four who stayed in apartment 2 and I must say it was a lovely stay only blighted by there being one toilet between 4 and the inability of the key pass system to allow more than one key pass to the room, this meant many trips to the desk to get a new pass to override the previous one if someone was in the room but sleeping. The decor and the whole feel is lovely. The staff have improved their service over the years that I have been coming and are now attentive and smiling. I always find the hotel to be clean and bright including the pool and they have now newly renovated the poolside toilets and showers, which are almost complete but in use, Many thanks to Kahama staff especially Emmanual for making our stay another memorable one. Will be back again sometime.................... promise

Room Tip: If you are a group it is worth paying a bit extra for the freedom of the apartments they have kitche...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Leuven, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

I greatly like to thank the whole Kahama team and staff for i really enjoyed your services during my december 2011 holiday!!!! The rooms are top class, swimming pool and the sports bar are excellent. I liked the heavy security you have coz i felt safe. The maasai guyz are very kind, honest and friendly. I want to thank Joan for arranging for me an early wakeup call and organised for me a taxi to the airport since i had a very early flight!!!! I cant forget also Emmanuel, Habiba and the entire reception staff. Also the waitress Winfred and Eunice who were always there 4 me to serve me at the sportsbar.I will sincerely be back and i recommend anyone heading to Mombasa to try Kahama hotel as its a topclass hotel. Thank you alot!!!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Doha, Qatar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Dec 2011 stayed with my family 4 5days and this been my 3rd visit things were not right compared to the other visits.customer service was below standard especially waiters.During morning breakfast most of the times i had to shout to get served and embarrassing after making our order we could be told some of the ordered stuff where over because we have woken up late !! what an excuse!!! On the other hand would recommend the reception staff they were quite professional with one case in mind whereby a waiter embarrassed by wife because of a bill i had promised would pay by credit card.although i was mad with the incident.i was contented on how reception staff handed the issues.Nevertheless the housekeeping was re commendable, .

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

I had a terrific experience at the Kahama during my stay earlier this month. My taxi driver which was organised by the hotel was waiting for me although I arrived late. The hotel staff were friendly and attentive to my every need. I appreciated the complimentary water as I devoured this every day as it was very hot. The Masai(ambassador)was knowledgeable and I liked the fact that they escorted one to the beach as I was a single traveller. Value for money and I will definitely return again...Thank you once again...

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Been to Kahama Hotel? Share your experiences!