“Kahama, the place to be in the North Coast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kahama Hotel

You added Kahama Hotel to your Saves list
Kahama Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Malindi Road | P.O. Box 10626-80101, Bamburi, Mombasa, Kenya   |
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Bamburi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Kahama, the place to be in the North Coast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

I really enjoyed staying in Kahamas, even though I had not initially planned to stay there.
I travelled there this summer and did not book in advance, but the staff were very kind to me and manage to get us rooms as we travelled with my mother.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside of the pool are quieter
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Kampala, Kampala, Uganda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

Kahama guys you have done it and am sure still more to come keep it up and keep the clients happy at all time with nice good smiles i recieved the day i was there, i will recommend kahama to all my friends. Go on and keep Going on kahama the hotel with a change and what you require

Room Tip: Waaaaaoooooh Guys when in kahama "take the on the southern side they portray the African cultur...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Doha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

Couldn't ask much more for this price. Excellent staff, all of them. The level of service was comparable to a much higher class of hotel (that I'm used to). Nice rooms, comfortable beds and a functional split a/c.

What I missed? - In room internet (wired or wireless, free or paid, anything would have done), in room safe locker and fridge. But hey, I'm spoilt by far east asian hotels. So no complaints really. They have safe lockers down by the reception for approx 800 KES a day, and free wifi by the pool and at the restaurant. The free breakfast was adequate.

The sports bar downstairs serves some decent food. Try the Afro beef stew with rice. Excellent! Be prepared to wait a while for any order as they seem to take forever. A pot of masala tea took them 45 mins to prepare at 3pm, with just 4 other customers around. Be prepared to wait an hour for most stuff. The place seems quite popular in the evenings with a live band playing most nights.

I wouldn't recommend using the laundry for light shirts / delicate clothes. Use the dry cleaners at Nakumat shopping centre instead.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
nairobi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

The hotel is located on the second row from the beach, but has easy access to it. One can also use the well maintained pool on the premises.

There is a popular pub next door that offers a variety of entertainement. Families with very young children might find the music disturbing.

The breakfast offered does not have much variety, however, its adequate and the staff are helpful and friendly. Room service is available at no extra charge.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

You made my engagement a memorable one. My boyfriend now husband was happy the way you helped us and made sure we had the best room ( room 105).We visited Kahama after our honeymoon in Zanzibar to say thank you only to be told you got fired just coz of ksh 700 i tried to get your number but in vain.I wish there could be a way we could help they way you did us.Please anyone who could give me her contacts i would be happy.Kahama has lost one of the best receptionist and a good customer service agent.Sarah whenever you are i wanted you to know we got married and we wish you the best.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Kuwait City, Kuwait
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

I was in Kenya last month with my family. My children are aged 8 and 14. Despite our initial apprehension regarding the location of KaHama Hotel in Nairobi, we had a great time. The construction just outside the hotel can hamper one's movements but the hotel staff promised that it will be over within the next one month. But kenya and kahama lives up to the saying that people make up the place. The food is great.The rooms spacious. The price - its value for money and the staff helpful and ever smiling.Kahama Bamboori in Mombasa is a fun place tro be in. Their sports bar is great with a band playing. They ae located about 15 minute drive outside Mombasa which is good enough considering the jams and noise in the city. Their pool is good. You can spent time at the pool side if its too hot for the beach.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with connecting doors - too noisy.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

I travelled around Kenya last summer in a rustic way, homestays, traditional stays etc. When my boyfriend came out to visit me he booked the Kahama hotel for our ten day stay as a treat. The main pull was that it was KENYAN OWNED which is important to us as we love Kenya and feel the Kenyan people should benefit from tourism.

The hotel was honestly one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. The rooms were luxurious, the prices were ridiculously cheap, the food was sensational with varieties of both Kenyan food and western food for those home comforts. The facilities were just amazing, everything was so clean, modern but with this great Kenyan feel. The breakfasts are amazing value and all of the staff are soooo friendly, nice and hospitable! The outdoor facilities were great! The pool and loungers. The bar was brilliant also, with projector screens showing sports events and music, as well as bands performing on Friday and Saturday nights. Then the location was perfect. It was a two mkinute walk to Bamburi beach which is a really nice beach, to get there you have to walk behind the hotel down a side street of local 'shops' in which everyone is really friendly. Then you walk through a restaurant called Il Cilvo if my memory is correct which is Italian and Japanese again incredible.

The best part about the hotel, which is difficult to distinguish is the staff. The staff in the bar, restaurant and masai guards were brilliant. We love this hotel so much my boyfriend and are hoping to visit this Autumn and everytime we're in Mombasa we intend to make a stop.

If you want to stay somewhere that is five star, luxurious in a paradise get away like Mombasa, yet want to pay reasonable prices, knowing that Kenyan people get the money from our tourism, stay here!

Room Tip: All rooms are equally as great
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Kahama Hotel? Share your experiences!