“Most Welcoming Friendly Traditional Pub/ Guest House” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bulls Head Inn

The Bulls Head Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hayfield
The Bulls Head Inn
You added The Bulls Head Inn to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   High Street, Peak District National Park, Hayfield ST10 4AQ, England   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hayfield B&B and Inns
Bookham
“Most Welcoming Friendly Traditional Pub/ Guest House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2014

Recently stayed at this typical English Pub. Great atmosphere in an English country pub sort of way. The rooms are not 5 star but they are tidy, clean, and comfortable but you are not paying 5 Star prices and its perfect for a short stay.

The staff are a delight and the food is exceptional and I would give them both 5 Stars. The bar area is traditional pub and just fits the country experience.

We had baked Camembert with Country biscuit loaves and WoW amazing flavours along with Mushrooms with a stilton sauce.

The Dime Bar dessert had my Doctor screaming from 200 miles away, Sorry Doc it was one of the best puddings I have ever had and so the diet continues once I get home.

The staff were fantastic and friendly and nothing was to much trouble.

If I am ever it that region again they will be getting my business. Thanks for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms are above average clean and functionally comfortable but the prices are reasonable and...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

We stayed one night here 4 adults and 4 children in 2 rooms, whilst visiting Alton Towers, the rooms were excellent, very clean, warm and everything you needed. It's a lovely "olde worlde" pub/B&B selling excellent well priced food on the menu (complements to the chef) we all really enjoyed it and the staff were so helpful and friendly. Can't recommend this place enough!.

Stayed April 2014
Cumbria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stayed here for two nights as a base for visiting Alton Towers. We were made to feel very welcome from the moment we arrived. The bedroom wasn't huge, but it was perfectly adequate and the bed was comfortable (to the reviewer above who mentioned the bed was too small, I'm well over 6ft tall and had no issues with it at all, although I was in a different room - room 4). The food was superb. Cooked to order and big portions. We couldn't manage a full three courses either night, simply because we were both too full! The breakfasts were equally good. Piping hot coffee and food cooked to order.

The bar was excellent. Cosy, good beer, comfy seats, warm fire and felt like exactly what it was. A really nice country pub with friendly, attentive staff who actually felt like they were there to help you rather than just to take your money.

All in all, an excellent place to stay and an absolute bargain for the price. If you're visiting Alton Towers and don't want to pay the extortionate resort hotel prices, I wouldn't look any further. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
ellesmere port
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 1 night in room 7, for a trip to Alton Towers as it's just around the corner.
Our room was well decorated a little on the small side but OK
THE BED was also a little not the small side unfortunately was too small for us, as I'm over 6 feet tall.
Unfortunately it didn't stop there the the shower an electric one needed to be on full power so we were running around in the shower to have hot water and get wet. In the summer this will not be a factor as the water will be warmer but last night BRRRRR
we thought out woes were over until 7am when obviously the kitchen staff started running hot water and, the cylinder was found in a cupboard at the end of our room and was very noisy, so that was the end of my nights sleep!!!!
On the whole some plus points but far too many con's for us

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stayed with family New Years eve to enjoy the party, had two rooms, one a double, the other a triple - both very well equipped, really comfy bed and excellent value.
Had a great night enjoying the celebrations - it's our second year of doing this and you can certainly book us in again.
Thanks for a great night.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I absolutely love this traditional village pub! My hubby and 2 children escaped the very pricey 'school dinner' type restaurants of Alton Towers where we were staying and found this pub. We were greeted with a very warm welcome and although we hadn't booked and the restaurant was very busy the lovely lady behind the bar happily squeezed us in. The food was fresh and delicious - I would highly recommend the chicken main course and the onion rings ( my guilty pleasure!). Even my 5 year old daughter praised the staff for the high quality food and the lovely lady who found her some paper and colouring pens! We will definitely return. Thank you v much Bulls Head Inn

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I found this place to stay whilst looking for accommodation when visiting Alton Towers with my partner for the fireworks. Upon arrival the lady behind the bar was friendly and helpful and showed us to our room. Incredibly clean, warm and perfect for an overnight stay. The little soaps and biscuits were a nice touch!

After returning from Alton Towers my partner and I spent the night in the cutest little pub I have been in for a long time. Open fire and a drink was the perfect way to warm up before retiring to the soft mattress in our room!
In the morning breakfast was superb and included in the price. Service was wonderful and the dining room was gorgeous.

Highly recommend this place and am hoping to stay again next year. Thank you.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Bulls Head Inn? Share your experiences!