“Dirty Sheets” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Tahlequah
Durant, Oklahoma
“Dirty Sheets”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

Got a room with 2 Queens -- one bed had clean linens, the other had many assorted black hairs, a seed pod of some sort, and a piece of plastic from the tag off a new article of clothing. Continental breakfast nothing to brag about. We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Tahlequah a year ago and had the same experience. Makes you wonder about the local health department's thoroughness in their inspections.

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
bestwesterntahlequah, Webmaster at Tahlequah Inn, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that you experienced a housekeeping issue during your stay. We have made staffing changes recently and many other changes since this stay. I apologize to you for your experience and hope you’ll try us again to see how we’re better than we’ve ever been. You’ll be glad you did.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
OKC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

The hotel refuses to allow me to cancel a pre-paid reservation because it's policy prohibits it. They would not budge to my requests to cancel and not be charged for the room in advance. Why? Because it's their policy! WHY is it their policy? "Because it's our policy." When I suggested that the real motive was to bilk that extra $90 from me rather than see to my satisfaction as a customer, the supervisor would not deny it and simply parroted the same training phrases: "It's just our policy." All I wanted was to be treated decently and have a simple cancellation request honored, but no. She would not allow me to speak to another supervisor.

If you've ever been frustrated by corporations that follow mindless "its our policy" dogma rather than responding to customers as people (and needlessly costing you money as a consequence), this is NOT the company to choose.

As a result, the hotel kept $90 of pure profit from me, refused to grant my cancellation request, refused to explain the rationale for this, and refused to provide any other options--a voucher or credit, for example. The one and only priority of the hotel was to defend a nonsense policy that would maximize its profit, without even token consideration of actual customer care. Be aware of this if you stay here: things may go fine, but if they don't you will NOT be considered a priority; you exist only as a source of payment.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your comments and assure you that we’ve changed our staffing and many other aspects of this property recently, so you’ll find a better customer experience and a nicer hotel if you visit again. I apologize for any lapses during this visit and look forward to having the opportunity to show you how we now do business.

Fort Defiance, AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2006

I stayed at this new Best Western in Tahlequah, OK for a total of 5 nights while I was visiting the area for a work related trip. I was told to stay here because this hotel is one of the newest in the town and might offer great service. On the positive side, the room/lobby area was clean and well kept, as it just opened within months of my arrival. However, the service was something to be desired. A few things in brief:
1) free internet service worked on and off
2) payment needed to be made in advance for the entire stay
3) water was lukewarm every morning
4) the deluxe breakfast consisted of juice, coffee, and breads -- hardly "deluxe"!
5) the "gym" was three machines (treadmill, elliptical, and bike) and the indoor pool could maybe fit 5 people if they weren't actively swimming
Hope this helps!

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I apologize if we fell short of your expectations in any way. You may be interested to know that we’ve changed and improved every aspect of this hotel since your stay, and when your return you’ll find a nicer experience than ever before. We look forward to having you with us again.

Hotel Manager

Been to Tahlequah Inn? Share your experiences!