“A slice of heaven on earth” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Mary Geasland Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tahlequah
The Mary Geasland Guest House
You added The Mary Geasland Guest House to your Saves list
215 West Morgan Street, Tahlequah, OK 74464   |
Special Offer
Special Deal!
Ranked #3 of 4 Tahlequah B&B and Inns
Plano, Texas
“A slice of heaven on earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

From the wonderful accomodations, to the peaceful setting, to the gracious hospitality; THIS is a vacation spot of comfort and relaxation among the very best. I stayed in the guest house and had plenty of room, quiet, relaxation and bliss. Definitely the place to stay in Tahlequah! It's a college town so there are plenty of great shops and small privately owned restaurants to satisfy your tastes AND they're nearby! Highly recommend The Mary Geasland Guest House.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
MaryGeasland, Owner at The Mary Geasland Guest House, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Didn't I say that you put the Glasshouse to the test when temperatures dropped to 6 degrees? That's good that you were still warm and comfortable. So, summer visitors now know to try a winter vacation in Tahlequah, OK. Thank you also for mentioning that we are downtown. The Mary Geasland Guest House/B&B is only 1 1/2 blocks west of Muskogee Avenue, Tahlequah's main street. Thank you so much for being a gracious guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Tahlequah, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Walking distance to several great restaurants great host. Always friendly. Large comfortable beds. Large screen tvs I have stayed there off and on for 5 years Mary is a pleasure to talk with and knows all about the early history of tahlequah

• Stayed February 2014
MaryGeasland, Owner at The Mary Geasland Guest House, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you so much for your guest comments. Many times, I have said that we are situated in a quiet residential neighborhood only 1 1/2 blocks west of Muskogee Avenue. You, however, made that fact sound convincing (after your many years of staying here). I look forward to having you and your lovely wife return to The Mary Geasland Guest House/B&B in late February.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I stayed in The Apartment, which is a lovely studio above The Glasshouse. I was comfortable and happy the whole time. :) Everything is plush and cozy, and Mary is a great host -- strikes just the right balance: she's generous and helpful (and fun to talk to), but doesn't over-dote on her guests. Plenty of privacy. Delicious breakfasts. I'd recommend Mary's place wholeheartedly!

Room Tip: For anyone looking for a place where you can prepare meals for yourself, The Apartment won't suf...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
MaryGeasland, Owner at The Mary Geasland Guest House, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Thank you Sam! I appreciate your comments, "comfortable and happy", because you experienced ice, show, and low temperatures. That was truly a test for comfort in my precious little apartment. The Apartment has been home to my brother, my two sisters and even for Bill and me during our first 3 months of marriage. A little old Indian woman once said to my mother that she had a "Weaning House". And it has been. The Apartment has had several lives and now I am happy to say that it has never been more comfortable nor more beautiful than as my B&B.
NLR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed here Christmas Eve night and it was a wonderful and beautiful little place. Tahlequah's best kept secret! Mary greeted us with freshly made muffins, hot chocolate, tea, coffee, water, juice and fruit and was the ultimate hostess. It was like coming home! We stayed in The Apartment and it was so cozy and comfortable - not to mention very clean! The memory foam mattress on the bed was so comfortable that we slept past our alarm! As we were leaving we were already making plans to come back. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Tahlequah except Mary Geasland's Bed and Breakfast! I PROMISE you will not be disappointed. Would make a wonderful get away for locals as well. Such a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere and we were awakened by bird song the next morning.

Room Tip: Any room you choose at this location will be perfect.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
I remember how excited you were to spend Christmas Eve here. My hope is that you can return and enjoy the beauty of other seasons as well. The Mary Geasland Guest House is open all year 'round. Another winter visit could work. . .today we heave Fresh Apple Cinnamon Muffins and Banana Walnut Muffins. Thank you so much for your B&B TripAdvisor comments.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed my Girls Trip here. Mary is very hospitable and knowledgeable of the town and its history. Our rooms were so comfortable and clean. It was a very peaceful place. We plan to make this a summer tradition. Thank you Mary and I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Yes indeed; I do know my hometown, Tahlequah, Oklahoma. I grew up here and happily returned so Bill and I could raise Duane, Susan, and John in a college town. As for comfort. . .I have checked out the beds myself. Unlike my guests, I swish open the curtains at night and wake to the daylight streaming into the former orchid greenhouse at sunrise. You were comfortable in the summer and I assure you that the GLASSHOUSE is equally as comfortable in the dead of winter.
Oklahoma City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Mary greeted my husband and I with such a quintessential style and she made us feel immediately welcome before we even walked in to The Glasshouse where we were staying for the night. Mary obviously loves her B&B with great affection and when you hear her story and see all the little touches, one knows why!
All the little thoughtful touches were so appreciated - the handmade soap (and yes we did bring some home as Mary suggested!) the "disco" shower head, the glorious tub, and Mary even thoughtfully lit logs in the fire pit out on the patio. I don't think I mentioned the fresh fruit and muffins for breakfast!!
I was in Tahlequah to run my first ever 50K and starting with this wonderful GEM of a place, the day turned out to be one of my "top five" days ever!!
We will definitely stay here next time we are in Tahlequah.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
MaryGeasland, Owner at The Mary Geasland Guest House, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
" A treasure." What a nice way to compliment The Mary Geasland Guest House/B&B. I'm anxious for you to return and perhaps you will be interested in requesting a breakfast tray.
Sincerely, Mary Geasland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Mary's bed and breakfast is amazing! My kids and I cannot wait to go back and visit. The place is truly charming and we really felt like Mary was family, my kids adored her and so did my mother and I! Why stay at a hotel when for the same price with no hidden fees you can stay here?! We miss you and your place Mary and hope to see you this fall!

• Stayed July 2013
Do come again! The Glasshouse is as comfortable in the fall and winter as it is in the summer. Thank you for sharing your visit with others can so they can know what to expect at The Mary Geasland Guest House/B&B. Love, Mary G.

Been to The Mary Geasland Guest House? Share your experiences!