“Not up to HIX standards” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn & Suites Tahlequah

You added Days Inn & Suites Tahlequah to your Saves list
Days Inn & Suites Tahlequah
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   701 Holiday Drive, Tahlequah, OK 74464 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Tahlequah)   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Tahlequah
Oklahoma
“Not up to HIX standards”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

The hallways smell of a time when smoking was allowed and the room needed to be dusted. A lamp didn't have a switch but I guess this helps on light bulb consumption. I've stayed in many Holiday Inn Express properties but none have been this bad.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Tulsa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2010

We stayed on a weekend when there was a wrestling tournament in town, and the hotels were all full. That was certainly not a problem until 11:00 pm and elem age children were running up and down the hall screaming. We would have appreciated the management asking them to quiet down since it was late. Got up the next morning to shower, and there was no hot water.
The following morning, when the hotel was mostly empty, there was STILL no hot water. Apparently there was a boiler out.
Although our experience was not a good one, the hotel itself was nice, and we would give it a 2nd chance.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2009

I have called hotel management and posted a letter by haven't received a courtesy call or letter in return.

The problem I encountered was the hotel changed the rules for canceling reservations. In the first week of March, 2009, I booked six rooms for the Cherokee National Holiday. Wasn't sure if all rooms would be needed so was particular in getting cancellation policy. I was told that the cancellation date for the rooms would be 6:00p the day before planned arrival (on September 3, 2009). Because of our groups changing plans, I was in constant contact with hotel to cancel rooms in our block as they were no longer needed. I was careful to cancel as soon as possible because this was a holiday weekend. The last called the hotel was in August asking them to cancel all rooms but two. I carefully explained that we might only need 1 room and I would call back as soon as I could to cancel that room if not need, "confirm the cancellation date with me again, please." Was told the cancellation date had not changed, was still the day before arrival. I called back on September 2 around 2:00p local time to cancel one of the rooms and was told that the manager said the cut-off date to cancel for the holiday weekend was August 15.

I was shocked! I explained that I'd called on several occasions, and was told the cancellation would was 6:00p the day before arrival. Reservations (front desk) told me that I had been informed that the cut-off date was August 16. There were not exceptions. Whether or not I took the room, the entire stay (3 nights) would be charged to my credit card---approximately $450+.

Again, shocked!! If I had been told of the cancellation date when I called in August, I would have canceled the room; or if I had missed the cancellation deadline by a day or so, I would not have objected to paying one night's penalty.

When I inquired why I would have to pay for all three nights, instead of the usual 1 night penalty, I was told that there had been too many cancellations. There was no exception, all three nights would be charged to my credit card.

Despite this being an average hotel, I am most upset that management
1) changed and didn't clarify the cancellation policy (never got written confirmation although I requested it, and they couldn't inform me on one of the numerous times I called) and
2) the policy of this (and many other) hotels to increase the rates of the room during holidays and other special events.

I accept the averageness of the hotel and the increased rates, but I cannot accept management dishonesty in changing cancellation policies on a whim just because their hotel would not be full.

Poor customer service, poor policy: I have no intentions of staying at this Holiday Inn again!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

I accidently left two of my personal pillows there. I called them when I got home and asked them to mail them to me. They refused and told me that I had to send a pre-paid postage container of some kind. I even offered to pay for the postage on a credit card and they still refused! So, I am having friends who live there pick the pillows up and mail to me.
Also, there were fingernail clippings beside my bed they didn't belong to me. The plastic covers on the disposable cups had small tears, holes in them. This is one place you should avoid like the plague! They don't give a crap about customer service and I'm going to contact the Cherokee County Health Department about the nail clippings on the floor!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Vancouver, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express while in town visiting family for Thanksgiving. After trying other hotel options in Tahlequah in prior visits, I decided to book a room at the Holiday Inn Express.

I normally don't stay at Holiday Inn properties, instead I usually stay at Marriott or Hilton branded properties. I cannot speak to the quality of Holiday Inn express overall, but the one in Tahlequah compares very favorably to the Courtyard or Hampton Inn brands, at a much better price.

The room that we stayed in was a standard king room on the second floor. The room was spacious and very clean. The decorations were surprisingly nice. The amenities provided such as soap, coffee etc. were all of a good quality. The bed was very comfortable, and the temperature of the room remained a pleasant constant temperature throughout the night.

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful, and they provided a nice continental breakfast in the morning. The lobby featured a couple of public use computers (although one was out of order). The workout room was nothing special, but was adequate to the type of hotel. The pool was closed due to the season, but seemed to be a good size. Parking was plentiful, well lit, and seemed secure.

All in all, a good value for the money. We will stay there again next time we are in Tahlequah.

• Liked — Friendly staff and clean pleasant room
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

Stayed a week at this formerly nice motel (we stayed there before 6-12 months ago and it was OK then). Unfortunately, it has changed for the worse. Housekeeping and maintenance is sadly lacking: housekeepers only change the sheets if you ask and in some cases then watch them do so. They do not vacuum your room unless you ask (and then they have to "go find a vacuum"). No one dusts the furniture. Don't look behind the night table (very dirty). Hallways do not look as if they have been picked up or vacuumed in at least a couple of weeks (and they never were during our week there). We had mildew on shower curtain (a lot). We insisted they replace it and they did when we asked. Most employees seem pleasant enough -- just no one seems to take responsibility for much ("it's not my job" seemed to be a common theme or else employee was too new to know much yet). The dumpster was missing from the dumpster corral, but motel was still dumping their trash in the corral anyway...so a lot of trash blowing across back of their parking lot. Maintenance person decided 7-9pm in evening was a great time to catch up on his noisier maintenance tasks down hallway from our room. Since other motels in town did not sound much better (based on their tripadvisor reviews), we finally moved at end of the week to a motel in Muskogee about 30 miles away (and are traveling back daily to Tahlequah for another week on business). THAT was a great decision as new motel is much better and even smells better (I guess because it gets cleaned regularly). The musty mildew-like odor we sensed at Holiday Inn Express in Tahlequah did not exist at our new motel (yet both are in same humid region)! Breakfast at the Holiday Inn Express: Bacon and sausage looked undercooked. The bacon was thin enough on most days to see through it. We gave up on the free breakfast after about day two and went out to breakfast elsewhere. The printer in business "center" was broken throughout our stay. We so wanted this Tahlequah motel to be as good as the last time we visited, but were greatly disappointed.

• Liked — Location convenient to Tahlequah, beds comfortable
  • Disliked — Cleanliness and maintenance
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

We booked a mini-suite and paid a fairly high price. The room had stained carpet and furniture. I pulled the couch away from the wall and the dirt behind it had been there for years! The bottom rungs on the chair had a build-up of dirt, as well. Also, about a 3 inch spider came walking across the floor one night. The out-door swimming pool was dirty, with numerous dead bugs floating on the water. Avoid this motel!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Days Inn & Suites Tahlequah? Share your experiences!