“Excellent value lunch & good quality food (party of 12)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Kings Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Kings Hotel to your Saves list
The Kings Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Oxford Road, Stokenchurch, High Wycombe HP14 3TA, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Stokenchurch
Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
“Excellent value lunch & good quality food (party of 12)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Our party of 12 had a most enjoyable lunch recently and were able to take advantage of the special fixed menu for over 60s. The Kings Eating House is a nicely upgraded bar and reception area in the hotel previously known as The Kings Arms. Good service, excellent home made soup etc, nicely presented food and all very happy with our lunch - will definitely visit again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

252 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed 1 night at this hotel and found it to be very nice, the room I stayed in was very comfortable a bit on the small side for a double but none the less very comfortable.
The reception lady was friendly and helpful and also the waitress in the bar area very pleasant.
The food was good and in my opinion not overly priced and overall a very nice clean and comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed here on business but it would be equally good for leisure as it is very near the motorway network but far away to make you feel you are in the countryside. From the outside it looks like a large pub but on the inside it is tastefully decorated. I only had breakfast of which there was a great selection of continental and cooked, it was of a good quality and served by friendly staff. The. Bedrooms are tastefully decorated, clean but small, however the beds are very comfortable. The only problem i had was the draft coming the windows as it is an old building, and I realise they have tried to correct this by putting a blind up and heavy curtains. You can also hear every move from the room next door again due to the age of the building and squeaky floorboards.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for an overnight stay on business. Was a little worried due to a few previous reviews however the hotel is excellent. When arriving I was greeted by a lovely man on reception (I accidentally left my phone on the reception desk and he brought it up to me). Dinner was great. Amazing service and the food was delicious. The bedroom was quite small but very clean and very comfortable. It had everything I needed for my stay.

I have to stay in stokenchurch for business a lot and this is by far the best hotel I have stayed in! I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone staying in this area.

• Stayed October 2012
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

It was my boyfriend's birthday, so I decided to take up the £99pn offer which included a standard room, breakfast and dinner, as his gift. When I called to place the booking, I explained that it was his birthday and asked if we could be upgraded to an Executive room. Between Jo & Danielle, they sorted us out and we had the Exec room - with a jacuzzi for our two night stay. The room itself was gorgeous, though we did have to keep the blinds closed, as the view was def not exec! Our only complaint was that the room got unbearably hot at night, even with the windows open - making it difficult to sleep.

The food in the restaurant was lovely, and the staff very friendly and helpful. We had breakfast in our room the first day, and we were touched when we got a phone call the next morning, from recpt, asking us if we wanted breakfast in our room again, and listing the items we had before. What a service!

Overall it is a lovely looking clean hotel, with pleasant, helpful staff, wonderful food and a lovely location. Def recommend and will def go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Pleasant, clean and good value for money, the breakfast selection could be a little warmer and options lined out a bit better for example how you can have your eggs but all in all a great experience.

One small criticism I the congregation of smokers by the front entrance to the hotel ... Not very welcoming!

• Stayed October 2012
Bedford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Double room was very small and very hot. We had to sleep with the window open. In the early hours of the morning water poured through the ceiling and we were moved to another room. On entry we found it was already occupied so had to take all our bags back to reception. Given another room and this time it was twin beds.
When we checked out the receptionist said we should get a refund but she needed to get it authorised when the manager returned. On querying this a couple of days later they back tracked and told us we would not get any sort of refund and the manager was quite rude to my partner, blaming guests staying in the room above for the problems!
Overall an awful experience and cannot recommend.

Room Tip: my advice would be to stay elsewhere