“A small display but still very very impressive.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Coningsby
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Aylesford, United Kingdom
22 attraction reviews
“A small display but still very very impressive.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Absolutely stunning. Our elderly guide captured out attention from the start. I love WWII aircraft and never tire of seeing them and hearing about them. A Spitfire always makes me weak at the knees, such is it's beauty. A number of Spits, a Hurricane, a Dakota and of course the Lanc. A wonderful time.

Southport, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
“Aeroplane madness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We went here a couple of weeks ago and it opened my eyes, we had to pay to see the aircrafts but well worth the small charge to have a tour inside the hanger or you can look around the souvenir shop for free, we spent a couple of hours looking round the giant hanger being told just about everything there is to know about the planes by the tour guide, very nice and polite gentleman, in fact all the staff were more than helpful.
Great place to visit

York, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Things my Dad would have loved to see.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Being the son of a Lancaster Bomber pilot, this was a must to see place ...... and I wasn't disappointed, only sorry my father wasn't alive to share it all with me.
This is not a museum, the Lancaster and spitfires had their engines being maintained, asll in preparation for next years flights.

oldham
16 attraction reviews
“So much better than I expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I'm a big ww2 explorer having both my mum and dad's side of the family involved . The bbmf had my heart pumping with excitement about seeing the hurricanes ,spitfires and the mighty lancaster bomber . But what I actually seen was a Dakota , a lancaster bomber . 2 hurricanes and 3 spitfires ,all from different stages of ww2 . 5 stars isn't enough to give so 100 stars would be better . Go and be amazed

Irvine, United Kingdom
“Brilliant day out for all.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We visited the BBMF on the 27th and 29th of September when the LLA day was taking place. What a fantastic day out it was for everyone. We have been to the flight on previous occasions and always really enjoyed our time there. There are some great things to see in the shop and lots of memorabilia from the second world war. Some of the personal exhibits are really moving and makes you think about what everyone went through whilst serving in Bomber Command. The guided tour was fantastic, the chap that took us round was ex-BBMF and there was nothing he did not know about the flight. All the guides are volunteers and do a terrific job informing the public as to the day to day running of the flight. On the 29th we got to speak to both Aircrew and Ground Crew, what a great bunch of lads they were. All of them only to willing to stand and chat and pose for some photos. I would highly recommend anyone in the area paying the flight a visit, we will certainly be down as often as we can. Many thanks for a wonderful time.

Visited September 2013