We stayed at Mar Y Selva Ecolodge for four nights with the family during a trip to Costa Rica over Christmas and New Year. We loved this place! It is located in the middle of the jungle a few hundred meters from the coast road with a wonderful view of the sea. The bungalows are comfortable with nice furniture and with a private terrace. Try to get one close to the reception/restaurant to get a view over the sea from the terrace.
The beds are comfortable. The breakfast is perfect where the staff make the most to meet your wishes. There is free wifi (sometimes slow though) in the restaurant/reception and in the bungalows nearby. The pool in the beautiful garden is large and you can view birds and sometime monkeys in the trees above while swimming. There are several good beaches some 10-15 minutes by car away, e.g. playa Ballena, playa Uvita, and playa Pinuela. You can also visit Corcovado national park by boat from Sierpe. The staff can help you with reservations.
The staff and the manager Carlos are VERY nice and helpful and really do their best to make your stay pleasant. We can give our warmest recommendations to staying at Mar Y Selva.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eco-style elegance! Mar y Selva Ecolodge is immersion in the jungle with all the comforts of home. Close to pristine beaches including Punta Uvita - famous Moses Pass and Whale’s Tail; Semi-Olympic pool, and personalized service. We overlook the Ballena Marine National Park; near Corcovado National Park; Caño Island Biological Reserve; the mangroves of the Sierpe and Terraba Rivers, Manuel Antonio National Park and several waterfalls, including Nauyaca Falls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com and Booking.com so you can book your Mar y Selva Ecolodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mar y Selva Ecolodge Hotel Ballena
- Mar y Selva Ecolodge Costa Rica/Ballena