“Tasty Food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 7 restaurants in Ballena
Cuisines: Café
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Roadshack Deli! Located in Uvita, 50 meters west of BCR. Across from the Rincon. Great Sandwiches, Salads and please visit our Beer Garden Giddy up, Bob
Brockville, Canada
“Tasty Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We were renting a cottage near this restaurant. We decided to check it out one afternoon and had a very good experience at this restaurant. The food was tasty and the service was friendly. The décor of the restaurant was clean and charming.

Visited February 2014

85% Recommend
Dover, Massachusetts
“Hands down: Best Restaurant for Delicious, Affordable Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

This was my second favorite meal beat only by Ylang Ylang. I wish I found out about it sooner in my trip or I would have been here every few days because the food is so flavorful and delicious, while being incredibly affordable. I ordered the fish soup with coconut milk and rice (one of the best decisions of my life). It was incredibly flavorful with some heat, but also creamy coconut milk for only $3000 pesos ($6). Also, get the ginger lemonade-yum!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Roanoke, Virginia
“Roadhouse 169 is now Goathouse 169”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

A little clarification is needed for those looking at reviews in tripadvisor.
The Roadhouse 169 Restaurant has moved to Uvita and is called The Roadshack - they have great sandwiches.
The Owner of the "former Roadhouse" building has changed the name of the building to The Goathouse 169. Inside of the Goathouse are three businesses
1. Ballena Bistro - open for lunch from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm (food is excellent, btw)
2. Shop Adorable - high quality second hand clothing and furniture
3. Ballena Billards

Visited August 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Home away from home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This was possibly the dining highlight of our trip!

We spotted this little gem on our way to Ojochal. We decided to trek back out here for dinner one night, and we were NOT disappointed! As soon as we walked in, we felt like we were at home. The building is really cool, and the atmosphere is quite comfortable. The waitress was super friendly and very attentive (but not overbearing). I ordered the chicken nachos, and the portion was massive, topped with delicious guacamole. My husband ordered the Mahi Mahi - great portion size, cooked to perfection! The pineapple smoothie was fantastic, and my husband tried some of the Costa Rican beers with his meal. On each table, there are bottles of homemade hot sauces, which are delicious. My husband loved the orange one in particular!

However, it was the return trip that sealed the deal for us. We walked in one night, and the owner started to chat us up. He was very friendly and charming. He had a fresh tuna loin that he was anxious to show my husband, who loves fresh tuna. Well, that sealed it. My husband had the BEST cooked tuna steak of his life, and talks about it to this very day. I had the fish tacos, made with fresh Mahi-mahi, and they were incredible. They had fresh coleslaw with homemade vinaigrette on it, and they were just fantastic.

We can not wait to go back!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica
“Costa Ballena's Best Local Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

The second you walk into the RoadHouse169 you feel right at home. The servers greet you with a warm smile and are genuinely happy that you're there. This is a true reflection of Bob, the owner. Bob truely makes each and every patron feel like family. They say, "good service will overshadow bad food." This may be true, but doesn't apply the The RoadHouse169! The food is always fresh and tasty. I am a chef myself and have somewhat of a discerning pallet. My wife and I love the patty melt and when they get their hands on fresh tuna we run as fast as we can to get to the restaurant. Hands down, The RoadHouse169 is my favorite restaurant in the area. The RoadShak is a close second......

• Visited April 2013