“Fantastic Ziplining” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 attractions in Ballena
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Osa Canopy Tour it's the most adventure tour in Costa Rica.We are located in the south area of Costa Rica. With 9 cables,14 platforms, two rapelling station,a suspention bridge and a Tarzan Swing. Our tour is in the mountain, we can see many kinds of animals in our canopy like: howler monkey, sloth,morpho butterfly,toucans diferent kinds of birds... Our longest zip-line is half kilometer; 1600ft.We also fly over a Beautiful waterfall, rivers, valley view, ocean view... We are just waiting for you, came and enjoy with us all the nature and beauty of Costa Rica.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fantastic Ziplining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Osa Canopy did a excellent job with our ziplining tour - the staff was helpful, friendly, and took great care of us. We had a great time and especially enjoyed the cantina at the end of the tour where we could grab a beer and enjoy the complimentary fruit and smoothies. This was a great way to see the jungle!

Visited January 2013

New York City, New York
“Great ziplining tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This was better than I expected and was a great deal for riding down 9 ziplines. The staff were extremely friendly and focused on safety. The tarzan swing at the end, complemented by freshly cut fruit, were the perfect way to end the half day tour.

Visited January 2013
Orlando, Florida
6 attraction reviews
“Jacob and his cousins are the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Very happy with our Canopy tour that we did with Osa Canopy tours! We were going to be going on a different canopy tour but when we got down to Dominical, we found out that where we were going was really far away. Sandra (at Costa Paraiso) was able to set us up with this tour the day of! Everyone there was super friendly! For me, I think the scariest part was the ride up the mountain to the first platform! :) Once we were up in the trees it was all fun from there. Jacob and his cousins (our guides) were awesome. Normally I'm quite scared of heights, but seeing how they interacted with everyone and how crazy they were on the lines, really put me at ease. There were some points where we were standing on a platform about 5 ft wide attached by a cord to a tree and I was leaning over the edge to see the bottom!! Loved the fresh fruit and drink at the end! This tour is completely worth it... Thanks guys! :)

Santa Clara, California
“The BEST ziplining!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This was my first time ziplining and it was excellent!! The staff was funny, professional, and made me feel safe. Not only do you get to zipline 9 times, you also get to walk across a suspension bridge, repel upside-down twice, get fresh fruit at the end, and experience the crazy tarzan swing! The road it quite bumpy getting there but the views are all well worth it. This is a must do activity!

Los Yoses, San Jose
“The customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I personally didn't schedule any canopy tours, but I'm truly grateful for the hospitality and customer I received by the young woman who operated the office and business.

Do pardon for not remembering her name nor the spelling, but the young woman was very mature and extremely helpful with patient during my time in need. I was arriving to visit Mount Osa Village's eco-community. Her Spanish was useful when she explained to the taxi driver in giving directions to the community, and she had a mild professional mood when dealing with her customers eagerly waited to go jumping.

Though I do not wish to speak ill-mannered about anyone, however, I was taken of advantage financially by a taxi driver whom I thought he already understand why I required his services (he knew how to get to the top and villa where I stayed for a few days) and return me to the Osa Canopy Tour office. I had already paid the shuttle service which suppose to have already pre-arranged my taxi ride up and down the mountain, but the driver charged me regardless and DOUBLE the price! (there's a review about this service shortly)

This remarkable woman came to my rescue again, however, I still had to pay the $40 extra THEN had to wait an extra hour, after she had called to verify the incoming shuttle for my return that it was stuck in San Jose due to incoming visitors for the celebrating New Year's Eve event. She also explained of my taxi situation in which the owner informed that I would get reimbursed by the incoming driver (whom didn't have the funds to pay me back but did call in and spoke to another dispatch individual from the shuttle service and explained that the office has to send a Paypal reimbursement of my $40).

Whilst I was waiting, this wonderful person kept me company as the hours passed ... which course was a call beyond her normal routine and I thank her very much. Also the best success toward her goals in the future. She certainly has a well developed attitude toward the world than most young people I've encountered. Mucho gracias!