“Mangwa Service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Mangwa Valley Game Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cullinan
Mangwa Valley Game Lodge
You added Mangwa Valley Game Lodge to your Saves list
Portion 15 | 123 Groenfontein, Cullinan 1000, South Africa   |
Pretoria
“Mangwa Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I got married at Mangwa valley.

first of all I had 4 different wedding coordinators, therefore had to go back and forth all the time starting form scratch.

the day was very special had excellent service from staff!!
Food was amazing, accommodation was great apart from towels that had a damp smell and did not feel very clean.

Breakfast the next day: the electricity was off they had a back up generator so breakfast was provided and was great.

after the wedding we tried getting our breaking deposit back it took me till may to get it back I got married in November. the admins staff is useless if I may say so as for bookings we also had issues with the accommodation part. after I got a friend of mine from the legal side to get hold of the owner the money was refunded.

I think my overall experience would have been amazing, but the big upset for me was the issue of the refund, the change of wedding coordinators all the time this made it very stressful and unnecessary.

would I recommend them no!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed every moment if it.
The food was great and the people were friendly.
The food variety is a bit on the average side, but because of the high food quality and taste, it made up for it

• Stayed August 2013
Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We booked this weekend trough Daddy'sDeal's and were not sure what to expect but we were very suprized!! From the first greeting till the goodbye were we treated with so much friendliness. The room was neat and comfortable but not sound proof. Could hear neighbours. We enjoyed the game drive and and made new friends. The dinner that night was exellent!! Friendly serves. We enjoyed the breakfast the next morning as well. Not even an hours drive from Pretoria makes this the ideal break a way where rest and quiet are the key here!! Absolutely loved it!!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Werent sure what to expect but was absolutely blown away. Ideal location, super friendly and helpful staff, amazing food an comfortable living all for a great price.

This place is a winner. Can't go wrong!

Cathleen_SA, you're no fun

• Stayed July 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I recently booked a weekend awY to Mangwa Valley. As I booked it through Daddy's Deals, I didn't know a lot about it. Big was my surprise when we arrived! Only an hour's drive from my house in Johannesburg, travelling was so easy.
We had the best weekend away! Definitely the friendliest service from everyone ever! Food was lovely, and gamedrive very exciting! Everybody who works there is very competent - nothing is too much trouble. Thank you so much for making it so special!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

What lovely get away, only 1hr and a half from Joburg. Accommodation options were a plenty, double rooms, cottages and even tented rooms available.

The game viewing was great, not the Big 5, but just as good and entertaining.

A definite must, but beware of the owner he sounds like a slave driver! Don't worry he is normally there anyway.

• Stayed May 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I booked a weekend away for my Partners Birthday, and made use of an online special. The property advertises itself as a 4 star property, but the rooms we stayed in were 2 star at the very most - we stayed in one of 7 rooms all built in a row, sharing dividing walls. It seems as if these are the only rooms that are not fully detached. The complete let down was that there was a large group of 10 who took over the entire section where our rooms were, and talked and cheered loudly, getting more and more drunk, and with the very bad desig of the rooms, the noise traveled and disturbed,, what was meant to be out romantic, quiet peaceful get-away. The flaw in the room walls design was that the walls did not go straight up to the thatch room pitch, and had sections of plywood patching the gaps - this just let sound transfer from room to room, as if we were all sleeping in the same room, and all outside noises traveled too. We spent the night listening to drunkards snore at top pitch, in sterio from both adjacent rooms. So, no peace, and no sleep.

The room only had 1 bedside table, 1 bedside lamp, no room safe, no luggage rack, and no shower door - so the small towels were used to mop up a flooded bathroom every morning. It is just not a 4 star room - it doesnt even have the minimum requiremnts for a 4 star room. I would query weather the grading is recent, or perhaps not relevant for these rooms.

The buffet dinner was over priced for the offering, but tastey and adequit. Unforntunatly for the Lodge, the loud , rude group seems to over take every aspect of the property, and it was very difficult for us to see past their loud rudeness to full enjoy the very beautiful setting.

We did speak to others whoe were in the chalets and luxury tents, and all seem to have far more privacy, and peace and quiet. I just wouldnt be able to bring myself to go back, given the bad experience we had.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 1 through to 7 at all. Go for a luxury tent, or a self catering challet.