“A mixed experience” 3 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Viale Carlo III 81, 81020 San Nicola la Strada, Italy   |
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“A mixed experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Parking arrangements were reasonable outside the hotel. The receptionist was somewhat perfunctory; the room was very pleasant although a bit dark due to the large trees outside. It did help to make it cooler. The bed was comfortable and allowed for a good night's sleep. The bathroom was a good size but we were surprised there was no toilet seat. Have come across this sort of thing in public toilets but never in an hotel and certainly not during this two and half week holiday. A good location to get to the centre of the town but not recommended to do so on foot. It's quite safe but the area is run down and it is a long walk. We decided to dine in the hotel the first night but found the set menu inadequate and the service very poor. It seems they decided my Italian was not as good as theirs so they did everything in silent mode. Breakfast was a similar experience. The food, both at dinner and at breakfast was of a sufficient standard and quality but nothing to rave over. On the second night a large group of young school children booked in and made a lot of noise until late. They also got up early in the morning making a lot of noise and kept knocking on our door until I came out and told them off. Adequate over-night place to stay if that is all you want.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Redditch, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

my wife and I stayed here in October 2011.We found the hotel to be fine.the manager a pleasant chap and the staff especially at the desk were friendly.One waiter was a bit of a miserable bugger but on the whole the saty was fine.It is a business hotel not a tourist hotel so its worth bearing that in mind when you book.Breakfast was fine typical continental.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Bedford England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

My partner and I started our holiday in Italy by hiring a car in Rome and driving to Caserta where I had booked our first nights accommodation at the Ora City Hotel in Caserta.
Even though we were given directions by two or three people it took us ages to find the Hotel, (we had actually driven past it at least twice). The reason was that the signage for the Hotel didn't correspond to the booking details that I had received and I was in fact looking for a Hotel with a completely different name.
No worries, we eventually arrived.
The Hotel is in a commercial/industrial area so unless you have a car there isn't really anywhere to go other than the Hotel for an evening meal or drink in the evening.
Overall the Hotel and room was clean and comforable although rather tired looking. The evening meal was ok but for Italy I wasn't over impressed.
I discovered when I got home that I had left behind a new jacket and pair of trousers, but even though I have e-mailed the Hotel so far I haven't had a response. The date of our visit was 9th September. I would rate this Hotel as quite good as a business Hotel and for ourselves just passing through it was more than adequate.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Riga, Latvia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

First off all hotel was not easy to find. We figured out this only with help of locals.
You haw to walk to room trough two big restaurants. The rooms were awful and crowded with unnecessary furniture. View - to the next wall. Breakfast was very poor.

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these San Nicola la Strada hotels

calgary
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

We stayed here as we would be visiting pompeii and the coast.. We intended to stay here for 3 nights but after spending 1 night here I wanted to leave so we cut our stay short....

The location is horrible, in the middle of a shanty town. There are roaming dogs, Samalians in the middle of the road trying to sell junk and just trash everwhere. I have stayed in lots of budget hotels but the location is the worst I have ever stayed at. I did not feel safe walking and there is nothing in the area. The roads are a nightmare esspecially with italian drivers!!!!!

The hotel room was dated, Smelt of clogged up sewage and just was not very cozy. The shower did not drain properly. The restaurant was expensive and food not great but I guess they can charge a llot because not much else is in the area.

I would never stay here again!!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel City Caserta? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel City Caserta

Address: Viale Carlo III 81, 81020 San Nicola la Strada, Italy
Location: Italy > Campania > Province of Caserta > San Nicola la Strada
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in San Nicola la Strada
Hotel Class:4 star — Hotel City Caserta 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Venere, Priceline, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel City Caserta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hotel City Caserta Province Of Caserta/San Nicola La Strada

If you own or manage Hotel City Caserta, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.