“Poor maintenance and service” 2 of 5 stars

THP Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Nazionale 67, 40065 Pianoro, Italy   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Pianoro
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Poor maintenance and service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed in the hotel because of an event which was held in the hotel, otherwise I would never have stayed in this hotel. Location-wise, the location is in the middle of nowhere. It means if you need a meal the only option is the hotel restaurant. Or you will have to walk half an hour or take a bus to the nearby restaurants.

On their website the hotel has been an official hotel of some trade fairs. My guess is the hotel must have had experience in handling decent amount of guests. But no, I was wrong. The service from the reception to the restaurant was soooo slow. It took ages to get guests' check-in and dish orders. We waited for 45 minutes for our pasta!

For room quality, the room was actually in good size. But disappointingly it was poorly maintained. In the bathroom, there were leaking everywhere. When the toilet was flushed, water would mysteriously come out from the gap between tiles. After taking a shower, the whole bathroom floor was like a swimming pool.

But, to be fair, there were some plus sides, it's the view from the rooms at the back of the hotel. There was wonderful view outside our window. The bed was very comfortable.

Anyway, there are many many better ones out there. Do not stay at this hotel unless you really have to.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
Great Falls, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I am very surprise that this Hotel is rated as 4 star hotel, an old hotel with Carpet Mold, dirty walls and bathrooms basic furniture and the smell of mold every where, smell of smoke too.

Rooms are not clean , old bathroom, sound of train all night.
I think this hotel had to be closed.

Breakfast, you feel as you are in the barracks, long waiting to get a process food for breakfast.

I have booked this hotel for my friends and family travel to Italy for the first time and I was embarrassed of the state of this hotel.

Location was far from anything, I wish I never stayed there, it was our first time in that part of Italy and it made us very upset.

I hope the management does something about the status of the hotel or I hope the website who offer this hotel, don't put all glossy pictures to attract travelers

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Nizhniy Novgorod, Russia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Hotel claims 4*. In fact it is 2* or even 1*
* Rail road is nearby. When you open windows in room you hear all night trains passing by.
* Location is far from anything interesting
You can stay in this hotel only if you need to sleep one night somewhere during travelling in Italy.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

If you're looking for somewhere to just rest your head, this is alright. The staff were helpful enough, gave us a timetable for the buses to the centre but finding the hotel in the first place was a small mission. The post code we'd been given was wrong, and we ended up somewhere in the middle of nowhere (seemingly) called Pionoro where a lovely man helped us and told us to get the bus.
When we got there, check-in was quick and the outside of the hotel was presentable enough, though nothing close to 4* like they advertise above the door. The room was a typical cheap Holiday Inn sort of style. Nothing wrong with it when all we wanted was somewhere to lay down. We only stayed one night and didn't planned to spend much time there so it suited our needs.
BUT I had really been looking forward to the pool... and all I can say is to look at the photos because it was more like a pond. To be honest, I would not stay here again. It is no reflection on the staff, but the hotel is not what you would expect and is a good 45 minute bus journey away from anything interesting. It's worth paying a bit more to stay closer to the centre.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Salbertrand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

This hotel displays 4*, possibly as a memory of past decency. It is a real dump, with water (hopefully!) stained wallpaper and carpet, sad furniture, cheap (can't be cheaper) lightning, old beds with tired bases and un-sprung mattresses ...
The restaurant is just edible. The only appreciable thing is the attendants and waiters are polite and efficient.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Gharghur Malta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Quite far from the center of Bologna and to get there in the evening after 9pm you need a taxi. however was a very comfortable hotel and quite comfortable. staff were all very helpful and extremely efficient. met all our needs.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

I stayed here for two nights, booked it in a rush with my flights, and took the statement that it was convenient to the convention centre at face value. It's actually miles from Bologna, a 20 euro taxi or a 30 min bus ride - last bus 8.15pm. My room stank of cigarette smoke. Breakfast was stale pastries, plastic cheese, and literally rotten fruit. On my second night I came back to find my door left wide open by the cleaners - it must have been like that all day. Thankfully nothing stolen, but they had thrown out various small things I'd left out like my ear plugs. Which I really needed, the walls were like paper. The worst hotel I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed April 2012

Been to THP Hotel? Share your experiences!