“Excellent & authentic Thai Food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vegetarian, Dim Sum
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Cranleigh
“Excellent & authentic Thai Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Excellent Thai food prepared fresh to order in a visible cooking area at the rear of the restaurant.
Starters were served in a decent time considering how busy the restaurant was and were very good in fact it would have been easy to over do these before the main course.

Good choice of main dishes at all levels of spice, however it is as well to be aware that "medium" equates to "hot" to most non Thai palates. Having said that the application of the spices brought out the flavour of both meat and fish dishes perfectly.
Booking is a definite must especially at weekends, this is a buzzing and busy place.
Service is as you would expect with Thai culture from staff in traditional dress.
Recommended and well worth the effort of booking ahead and driving out to the northern suburbs.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“A gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We did no prior booking, and was surprised that it was fully booked on a thursday evening ! Clearly popular. Not surprisingly, the food was excellent - "crispy duck" strongly recommended. Friendly service by Thai staff. Only negative, the R40 corkage in a wine region. Will definitely visit again!

Durbanville, South Africa
“STRAIGHT FROM THAILAND!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I've been to Erarwan a number of times, and have also been to Thailand many of times, and the food is as good as any that I've eaten there. The only things missing, are the noise and street odours - which is a good thing! I've told my friends about this gem, and they've also joined the rewards program. I will definitely be back - and often!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Friday night I took my wife out for dinner believing I had made the booking at Erawan's in Durbanville.

My booking was not in the book, I checked myself.

The friendly staff called another Erawan's restaurant and it was determined that I had booked the wrong restaurant.

I felt like a right fool, as it was a special night for my wife, I know that she loves duck and this was a night I could say thank you to her for her hard work raising 4 young children all under 7, by ordering duck.

The owner and staff were brilliant, had I been turned away they were still brilliant, we were told that they will fit us in if we can wait, which we did, sat at the bar with a rock shandy, and in short time we had a table and got to enjoy our duck.

You made a disaster a great success.

I wish you a very successful business adventure.

"O" do make the rigth booking.

Cape Town, South Africa
“Upmarket Thai restaurant with "vibe"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Located in central Durbanville next to a pub-style restaurant, Erawan still manages to create a lovely setting. We were seated outside on a perfect evening, with candlelight and lit trees. The food came quickly and was delicious. I'd recommend the stir fried cashew with pork and my husband's massaman curry was great. The chicken wanton starter is also recommended. I missed the peanut sauce, but the sweet chilli dipping sauce was good. The menu is extensive and slightly more expensive than the Asian franchise across the road, but it makes for a good night out. There wouldn't be anything on the menu for my children, apart from dessert, so I wouldn't bring them along. We found the service attentive and quick and we would happily return.

• Visited April 2014