We arrived in this hotel during a group trip and were staying here for 4 days. Important to know is that the hotel consists out of 2 buildings of abou the same age.
The main building, housing the restaurant, bar and pool area, has over the last few years been restorated and looks perfectly OK.
On the other side of a pretty busy road, which you have to cross every time, is another building which supposedly would be restored to its former glory the coming years.
We had the slight misfortune to end up in this building, resulting in old, outdated rooms, giving rust and broken furniture in the bathroom and an decades old CRT TV in the bedroom, displaying 3 Italian channels.
Fortunately, we didn't have to stay for a long time inside our room. The terrace area with pool, next to the main building, is nicely designed to bring sun and shade for laying about or swimming in the decent pool.
The restaurant was on its own in a completely different category. When used to the large amounts of food they serve here in Italy, you get a tasty meal, rich in variation.
The staff was always messing about and flirting with the ladies, which is ofcourse not uncommon in this country. But they certainly do it in a fun way and know when not to be too rash. Take it in a light spirit and you'll laugh all evening.
To visit Napoli without a guide is in my opinion not recommended. This, apart from it being a city with a somewhat dented reputation, is mostly nessecary because of the fact the beauty is not so much visible as in Rome or Florence. A guide certainly knows what sites are nice and safe to see, and how to get there ASAP.
The Vesuvius and Pompei are definite must see sites, but be prepared to be out in the sun and heat for longer times. Use sunblock, water and resting points regulary!
- Also Known As:
- Sant`Angelo Hotel
- Sant`Angelo Hotel Pimonte
- Sant`Angelo Resort And Spa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- the Hotel S.Angelo is situated in Pimonte (NA) in a heavenly place few miles from the most famous Campania site: Pompei, Sorrento, Amalfi Coast, Positano and Capri. The Palummo's family has been involved in tourism business for more than thirty five years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Sant'Angelo Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.