“Marvelous in Meta” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 11 Meta B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Marvelous in Meta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We made a last minute booking for Villa Pollio and Alberto was kind enough to accommodate us. We had the room with the adjoining kitchen/dining area which was perfect for my mother an myself. The welcome basket of goodies was delightful, and we couldn't eat our way through all of it! Very comfy bed, and the little balcony was a treat. The house is spotlessly clean and very quaint.
Alberto was unobtrusive, and at the same time very attentive. He checked several times as we came or went to ensure we were ok. Appreciated the treasure trove of local tourist info and books. We met Lisa as we left. They are a warm and welcoming couple.
As others have said, very short walk to station, and quick trip into Sorrento. The Amalfi bus also leaves from this station. Do try the little Pizzeria right at the end of the street just before the beach run by Laura and her family. Very hospitable and great food.
If you are considering Villa Pollio, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Didn't see other rooms, but ours with adjoining kitchen was terrific.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
villapollio, Proprietario at Villa Pollio, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Hello Lee,
I am immensely happy, not only for your review, but also because in my small way I have contibuited to making enjoyable your stay in Sorrento.
For us of Villa Pollio is always an exciting experience to receive guests, especially if they come from countries as far away as Australia.
Making them feel at home, offering all our unobtrusive care is our target.
Thanks again for choosing us.

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Minneapolis, Mn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

It was our pleasure to stay with Alberto & his family at Villa Pollio for 6 nights in September 2013. It was very clean & located very close to the Circumvensia train station in Meta. It was our home base for visiting the Amalfi coast, Sorrento & Pompeii. Our room was extremely comfortable with a little balcony overlooking the B&B's coutyard where we enjoyed more than one glass of wine in the evening after a long day of being a tourist. One night Alberto came to our door with a little bottle of Limoncello that his family makes and gave it to us as a gift. We loved it; both the gesture & the liquor. That's the kind of host he is. My wife raved about how comfortable she felt there for weeks. We would stay there again in a heartbeat! Thanks for a wonderful visit Alberto!

Room Tip: Our room did not face the street, and that may have made our little balcony a little more private, w...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
villapollio, Proprietario at Villa Pollio, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Scott and Diane,
I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay here at Villa Pollio B&B and I thank you for your beautiful review.
I will be glad to host you one more time for your holiday in the Sorrentine Peninsula, I hope to see you soon to drink together a glass of Limoncello!

Thank you again for choosing Sorrento and Villa PollioB&B.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We could not have asked for more. We stayed here for six days in late september 2013 and everything was perfect. All of the other great reviews are correct. Great location (quiet), great home, and wonderful hosts who went above and beyond are expectations and graciously helped with some unforseen circumstances as well (Thank you Franco!!). Our room was very spacious and comfortable. We really enjoyed the kitchenette and made good use of it every day making our own meals from all the great convenient markets close by and enjoyed making our own cofee and espresso too. The host kept the small refrigerator stocked well every day as well as keeping our room spotless!. It's a very safe area with an amazing beach near by and It was great having our own set of keys to come and go as we pleased. We ventured out every day to different parts of the Amalfi coast via the Circumvesuviana which really is a 2 min walk from the house but you never heard a sound of the train. I could say so much more but, it looks like I would just be repeating all the other reviews. Honestly, everything was great and we would highly recommend to anyone! Thank you Alberto and Franco for your hospitality.

Room Tip: Our room was facing the Garden and side entrance.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
villapollio, Proprietario at Villa Pollio, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Christopher and Sylwia,
honestly, when I read "Perfect"...I don't know what to say, a THANK YOU it seems to me reductive!
I'm very happy for this wonderful review and to have fully satisfied your expectations.
Confirming what was said in the previous reviews about the pleasant stay at Villa Pollio it makes me extremely glad.
Thank you again.
Belgorod, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Very nice perfect located villa near the Circumvesuviana railroad station. About 8 minutes to Sorrento or 1 hour to Naples in the other direction. Post office, bus station, minimarkets and shops, pizzerias and little trattorias on short distance. Very quiet place. Villa's hosts Alberto, his mom and Lisa were friendly and very helpful with everything we needed. They made a lot of recommendations to help us make the most of our time. This was a wonderful place to spend 2 weeks at Sorrento region.
Grazie mille!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
villapollio, Proprietario at Villa Pollio, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Hello Alex and Anastasia,
I 've been very glad to read your review.
It is I who have to thank you for choosing our bed and breakfast, and for giving us the possibility to know so nice people like you.
We try to offer always the best to the guest that sleep here in Sorrento, hoping to leave a good memory, not only of the place, but also of the hospitality received.

I hope to host you even in future occasions here at Villa Pollio, where you can always find comfort, relax and warm hospitality.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We (myself, partner, 11 year old daughter) stayed here for 5 days in July. The accommodation was just what we hoped for, big spacious rooms and well equipped. It was great to have the kitchen area to use so we could make drinks and keep stuff in the fridge for lunch on our days out. Air conditioning was really appreciated, as was the balcony overlooking the garden.

Our hosts were very attentive, a nice welcome and helped us out with phone chargers/plug adaptors and gave good information on getting around the area. We enjoyed the refreshments left for us during the week.

The location is great, literally minutes from the train station (turn right and head down hill when you leave the station, go under the underpass and it's in front of you), regular trains running to/from Naples and Sorrento, on the Pompeii/Vesuvius and Herculaem line. 10 minutes downhill to the beach (black volcanic sand, but a nice spot nonetheless), restaurants, shops etc.

Highly recommended

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
villapollio, Proprietario at Villa Pollio, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Charlie,
I would like to thank you for your very nice review about Villa Pollio B&B, I'm very happy that you've appreciated everything here and that we met your expectations.
I hope to see you next time, we will be very pleased.
Villa Pollio wishes you a great Summer.
Hyattsville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed here with a friend and my daughter. Albert and his family are delightful and helpful. The place is spic and span...really, one could eat off the floor. Also it was a wonderful respite from hotels , it felt like home, spacious accommodations, close to the beach, round the corner from the train, centrally located to everything but quite and private. We had a kitchenette and made food and ate on the balcony overlooking a sweet little garden. Security is A+++ a locked gate a locked front door and a lock on your door and you bedroom if you choose. Perfect place for kids.

The short walk to the beach is charming and dotted with markets and such. The only good thing about leaving is that I can work to make ore $ and come back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
villapollio, Proprietario at Villa Pollio, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Rebecca,
we are very very happy to read that you have appreciate everything of your stay here at Villa Pollio B&B; I think, when our guests feel like home, it means that our goal is achieved..our mission is to put the guests at ease in an environment always clean and orderly.
I hope, you will come back in the future and see you again here in Sorrento.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I was travelling on my own for the first time to Italy. As soon as I emailed Albert, he wrote back and offered his assistance, which included directions for the train on how to get to Sorrento. Villa Pollio is a great location, 5 minutes from the train station, and 2 stops from Sorrento, which will get you all over the Amalfi Coast, Pompeii, Mt. Vesuvius, Capri, and beaches. There is a nice beach 10 minutes down the hill from Villa Pollio, and other beautiful beaches along the coast which was about an hours bus ride, but the ride is stunning! Albert reccomends the beach in Nerano, and I would agree. It was rocky, but if you rent a chair, the water is beautiful and warm.
I missed the train one night from Sorrento, and Albert drove by and gave me a ride back to the B&B. If I needed anything, it was provided. I would recommend Villa Pollio to anyone wanting to travel near the Amalfi Coast. I had such an incredible, memorable experience!
Thank you Albert!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
villapollio, Proprietario at Villa Pollio, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Hello Laura,
thank you for your wonderful review about me and Villa Pollio B&B.
I am very happy that you appreciate Sorrento and the areas nearby, and that this your first experience on your own it was very nice.
I am proud that you recommend Villa Pollio as a memorable vacations in Sorrento and Amalfi Coast.
Thank you again.

Been to Villa Pollio? Share your experiences!