“Awesome location, views breathtaking” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Giosue a Mare

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Meta
Hotel Giosue a Mare
You added Hotel Giosue a Mare to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Caruso, 2 | Marina di Meta, 80062 Meta, Italy   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Meta
asheville, NC
“Awesome location, views breathtaking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Most beautiful location. Rooms basic European, towels very thin, no washcloths. Wifi is not free. 3 euros for 30 mins. Food good service good. Has own private beach, location worth every penny. Quite a walk from tour bus drop off area.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We stayed at this hotel during a school trip in June. We were all tired and glad to reach our destination. The charter bus had to drop us off at the top of the hill and we had to carry our luggage down to the hotel. The rooms were small, but clean and we had private bathrooms. Air conditioning cost extra, so we didn't pay for it. The tour company failed to tell us that A.C. was extra. The food was very good, and we all enjoyed dinner. The teenagers loved the beach and being able to spend some down time relaxing at the water. The sunset was spectacular! We took lots of pictures. In the morning we had to hike up the hill to meet the bus. Lovely location, but not easily accessible by motor coach.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the water. Otherwise you will get a room that faces the cliff and has...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Recently returned to find this hotel I stayed in in 1967 completely made over beautifully. Great family running it. Wonderful location as I remembered, sound of the waves. Enjoyed lunch with my husband on the terrace. Friendly, excellent service. Delightful to meet family members. Modern, airy, spacious hotel right on the beach. Yes, it's out of the way but there are buses from the centre of Sorrento, a train station at Saint Agnello where you can do directly to Pompeii and all other tourist sites within reach. Holidays are about living amongst locals. Not for the All Inclusive crowd.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This place is right on the sea and offers direct access to the beach. They do charge 5 euros a night for air conditioning if you want it and they charge for towels for the beach. I paid 3 euros a towel, but kept them. They also charge for wifi, which I did not pay for. So it seemed everything was available for a charge, including a beach chair, table, and umbrella. I did not mind as I only stayed one night and was ready to enjoy some time on the beach. They have a bar right by the beach entry and I bought a drink to have while I relaxed by the sea. They also have an area to shower off at once you are done at the beach. The beach is small and the sand is nearly black, but who cares when you enjoy yourself? I found the hotel to be nice and clean. I am used to European hotels and this is nice by most standards. Americans are not usually prepared to deal with small beds, small showers, and no air conditioning, but if they want to travel in Europe without paying a bundle, they will learn to deal with it. We also had dinner there and it was nice and the dining area looked out over a long balcony with beautiful sea views. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the sea.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I read all the reviews complaining of the cleanliness but did not find that to be an issue for us during our recent March 2013 group visit. To be fair a couple positives: clean, some rooms have a view. Negatives: long walk up/down hill if you are traveling by bus from main road to hotel lobby. Shower is a tall plastic almost portable like tiny shower. Bath towels are truly more like large paper towels and not the soft ones, the cheap ones. Food is just okay. Staff is so unfriendly from servers to front desk. You always feel like you are putting them out when you ask about anything. You have to lug your luggage up or down stairs. The hotel is built into the side of a cliff which is really cool but also makes it always feel so cold in all the rooms and common areas. We had a bedroom with a view but our friends were in a tiny crowded room with low ceilings and a stone wall view and nothing worked. You had to pay in advance for Internet and then complain because it would stop working. I would not return here personally. Maybe a one star rating for the view and the clean bathroom in our case.

Room Tip: Don't stay here but if you do insist on a view because the alternative is not good
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

ok ok, the hotel is not the best hotel i've ever been to, the beds were not good and the shower was the size of a shoebox, but if you've been to several hotels in Europe/Italy you would find this normal. So back to why i loved this hotel, I still can not get over the amazing view we had. We were lucky to get one of their bigger rooms with a pretty big balcony over looking the beach/water. AMAZING!!! The whole time there was very humbling and I fell in love with everything there. We left the doors opened the entire time we were there and the breeze coming in, the sound of the water was so peaceful and relaxing I would go back in a heartbeat. Note: this trip was taken back in 2006, i know i know, now is when i decided to write a review. But i still remember it like if it was last week.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This hotel was one of the nicest hotels I stayed in during my EF tour in Italy. The place was right on the beach, and was a quick walk to get ice cream. However the service was very poor. They charged us for extra towels, wi-fi, and pretty much anything else we needed. The food they served us wasn't very good, but everything was made up for with the amazing view from my room. It doesn't get any better than looking out at the night sky, the ocean, little boats out on the water, and lights twinkling from the Sorrento region.

I would stay at this hotel again, but I would hide from the staff on the beautiful beach because those people were not too friendly.....

Room Tip: I cannot stress how important it is to ask for a room on the ocean side of the hotel. Because the h...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meta
Mar Hotel Alimuri
Hotel Cosmomare
Hotel Cosmomare
#6 of 12 in Piano di Sorrento
4.0 of 5 stars 148 reviews

Been to Hotel Giosue a Mare? Share your experiences!