“Great place, bad service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Giosue a Mare

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Meta
Hotel Giosue a Mare
Save Saved
You added Hotel Giosue a Mare to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Caruso, 2 | Marina di Meta, 80062 Meta, Italy   |
Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Meta
Tampa, Florida
“Great place, bad service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This hotel was one of the nicest hotels I stayed in during my EF tour in Italy. The place was right on the beach, and was a quick walk to get ice cream. However the service was very poor. They charged us for extra towels, wi-fi, and pretty much anything else we needed. The food they served us wasn't very good, but everything was made up for with the amazing view from my room. It doesn't get any better than looking out at the night sky, the ocean, little boats out on the water, and lights twinkling from the Sorrento region.

I would stay at this hotel again, but I would hide from the staff on the beautiful beach because those people were not too friendly.....

Room Tip: I cannot stress how important it is to ask for a room on the ocean side of the hotel. Because the h...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

81 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
New Rochelle, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel as part of an EF tour group. The hotel is down a hill and a tour bus cannot get right next to the hotel. This means you need to drag your suitcase down and up the hill--about a 5 min walk. It is not steep and I found the down trip was a little harder than going back up.

There is white marble and tile everywhere--nice bright and clean. There is a small lobby with seating for 7-8 people.

The sliding window opens onto a balcony and the waves are breaking below--Very sleep inducing! Since it was winter and raining we did not go outside.

The meals were OK Nothing great but certainly not high quality. When I asked for an extra pillow, I was given one.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
grand rapids, minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This hotel is located almost right on top of the beautiful sea. There is a lovely beach about 100 meters from the hotel and the balconies look out over the water and you can hear the pounding waves at night. The rooms are comfortable and the hotel is kind of cool how it is built into the side of the mountain. The restaurant is quite nice and the food is good. The staff is a bit serious but very attentive and they were helpful. After reading other reviews I was a bit concerned but I really enjoyed the hotel and would return. I stayed here as part of a tour with EF and all 32 of our group members really enjoyed the hotel. Some people complained on this site about the beach but less than 100 meters down the road there is a very nice and very clean place to swim and sun.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a nice balcony overlooking the sea.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Granite Bay, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I have stayed here several times with EF Student groups and it always seems to be something. Two out of three times the elevators were "broken" until after we were moved in. The hotel has air conditioning but you have to pay for the controls to turn it on. One of my students had his volleyball, which he had bought to play with on the beach, confiscated upon arrival with the admonition that he would do damage. I even predicted this one on arrival. We were hit with a 120 euro charge, jsut as we were leaving, for a room which had a "broken electric shutter". The kids in the room didn't even know they had a shutter nor did they use it since we arrived after dark and left the next morning. We were not able to check it as they could not locate the key. EF uses this hotel a lot and just beware. You are treated poorly like second class citizens.

Room Tip: Beach views are preferable.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I traveled with students and parents to this region of Italy with the hopes of clean beaches and water and clean accommodations. THIS HOTEL WAS DISGUSTING. The beach was hideously filthy with garbage onshore and in the water. Plastic cups, broken glass and litter were everywhere. Entrance to the water was hazardous, at best.

My room was disgusting with mold all along the ten foot bathroom ceiling and a stench from the mold itself as well as from the generators/fans outside my bedroom window. The mold and burning smells competed with one another to produce the worst headaches ever. My room phone was covered in gunk from people touching it. There were cobwebs everywhere in a number of the rooms we stayed in.

Members of my group were charged 3 euro for bathroom towels (a double room only got one towel! a triple got two!) and the cleaning staff did not replace soiled towels each day.

The meals were inedible, though the terrace we were served dinner on was pretty. The breakfast was minimal and all pre-packaged food. The dinners were cheap and poor quality.

I was livid with the rude attitude of the staff and made it known that I was disgusted by the conditions in and outside of the building. Their response was to give me two small bottles of limoncello and a "new" phone for the room. (The phone didn't work, by the way.)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Westerville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed one night in this hotel which was arranged by a tour group. Beautiful location, but the room and bathroom were filthy. Mildew on the showerhead. The bathroom looked like it had not been cleaned in months. The food in the resturant was good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

We just stayed here last week as part of our EF tour. At first we didn't understand why we had to haul our luggage down the road under a bridge. Odd place for a hotel, especially when you host big tour groups. Most of our group got nice rooms that overlooked the beach...although the beach was filled with trash. Too bad no one cleaned it up to make it looks a little nicer. I went to my room to find a view of a stone wall. I checked out the bathroom and found that there was a toilet brush left in my toilet. I asked the front desk if this meant they wanted me to clean. They didn't get the joke and just told me to take it out. The elevator was broken so good thing we only had to carry our luggage up 1 flight. Out of all of rooms, there were MANY non-working lamps and TVs. In at least 3 rooms the electricity seemed to be out on the walls even though the rooms were all separate. There was also chewed gum in the shower soap dish. Dinner and breakfast at their restaurant was average. I think this place has potential so it was very disappointing to see the poor quality of everything. No wifi at all either.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Giosue a Mare? Share your experiences!