“We miss it already!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 12 Meta B&B and Inns
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“We miss it already!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay in this BNB. Georgia was very helpful even when we called her lost in the middle of the night. She went above and beyond to help us with any information we needed and assisted us in planning the next part of our trip and we appreciated that a lot. If you dont mind public transport the bus stop is very close and the train station is a 10 min walk away. Busses and trains go regularly into Sorrento. There is a beautiful beach in Meta and we really enjoyed restaurants that Georgia reccomended. Good value and nice atmosphere. All in all a great stay in a beautiful part of the world.

• Stayed August 2013
OrchidCornerAdm, Proprietario at Orchid Corner Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Bron07, we want to thank you so much for the beautiful words. We are very happy that you have appreciated your days to our B&B. For us it's always a pleasure to help our guests during their holiday here and to give the best advice. We know of course that we are lucky to live in a peaceful place like Meta, well connected to all the most beautiful destinations of Sorrento Peninsula and the Amalfi Coast and also very close to great restaurants. We hope to see you again. Thank you very much. A hug.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Warm and personalized welcome. Very clean, private and secure. Typical.
I recommend this place to anyone traveling near Sorento.
... Oh! And don!t forget to try the Limoncello de Sorento liqueur.

Warm and personalized welcome. Very clean, private and secure. Typical.
I recommend this place to anyone traveling near Sorento.
... Oh! And don!t forget to try the Limoncello de Sorento liqueur.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
OrchidCornerAdm, Proprietario at Orchid Corner Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Christian L,
thank you very much for your beautiful words. We are very happy to know that you like our B&B and we hope to see you again. Best Regards.
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

After I read all negative rewiews below I couldn`t imagine that it was written about one place! Meta is a very very very small town and you can get to every destination in 10 minutes, so Orchid corner has great location- it`s situated close to restaurants and the sea and a bus station.
The thing everyone would like- best decorated rooms, romantic wiew, cosy courtyard with many plants and comfortable seats, friendly family- despite the fact that the father Antonio doesn`t speak english, he would help you anyway, but Georgia has a great English- she told us everything about the place- what to do, where to eat etc. She also gave us a ride to trainstation and atm. Be ready that they may not take credit card- this is common italian problem, not only in this B&B!
The thing you may not like: If you don`t like cats may be it`s not the best place, because there`re 3 of them, but cats are friendly and they don`t walk in the rooms they dwell only outside. Mosquitos in the night- store up everything to fight with them.
The breakfast is cooked only onse espesially for you in 8:30 by Antonio- it`s very authentic italian - the earlier you wake up- the more warm and delicious breakfast you get! :)
I was very delighted by this stay and I want to come to this place again! It has incredible romantic atmosphere- best place to relax!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
OrchidCornerAdm, Proprietario at Orchid Corner Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear mrs_roger1, thank you very much for your beautiful words. We hope to see you again very very soon, now you know where we are ! Best Regards.
Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

A big thank you to Antonito and Georgia for welcoming us into their home and making us feel like a member of their family.
The emails we received from Georgia prior to our visit were extremely helpful and she even sent one the week of our visit reminding us to ring when we arrived by bus from the airport so that she could come and meet us. She gave us a guided tour of Meta showing us the location of the train station, the shops and a restaurant before taking us to Orchid Corner which is tucked away in the old part of the town.
Our rooms were spacious and beautifully decorated. We had the "cat" room and our daughter the "elephant" one. We made our own beds and for once the towels weren't changed unnecessarily every day although Georgia made it clear that when we wanted clean ones to let her know.
Antonito served us a lovely cooked breakfast every morning. I think we had a different one every day. We often took a leaf from the cats' book and relaxed in the comfortable chairs on the patio in the sun before setting off for the day.
When the time came for us to leave Georgia arranged for a taxi to pick us up and take us into Sorrento to catch the bus back to the airport. Antonito packed a breakfast for us to take with us which we really did appreciate.
Nothing was too much trouble for Antonito and Georgia and we certainly hope to return for another holiday.
Keith, Jackie and Dianne

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
OrchidCornerAdm, Proprietario at Orchid Corner Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Friends, thank you very much for the beautiful words. We are happy to know that you have enjoyed your holiday in the Sorrento Peninsula and especially that you felt like at home in our house. It was nice for us to know your wonderful family and we hope that our roses bloom early in your garden so, when you will smell their scent, you will remember us. See you soon. A hug.
Royston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

It's the 1st time I have opted for a local B&B, prefering normally to stay in decent hotels. I'm so glad we did! What a fantastic place Antonito has, supported by his daughter Georgia who both contributed to the great experience.
Based in the backstreets of Meta amongst the local area we got to experience a part of real Italy whilst being only 5 minutes from the beach and 15 minutes walk to the station (bus and train). It's only 20 or so minutes from Sorrento on the bus, half an hour to Pompeii on the train and 20 minutes drive to Positano making the whole area entirely accessible. Although we had a hire car, you could quite easily do without one if you are comfortable catching the public transport.
Our hosts also arranged a boat trip along the coast to Capri, lasting the whole day at a cost of €70 pp which was one of our highlights. Another highlight was lunch at Ravello followed by a wander through the gardens of Villa Cimbrone.
The Orchid Corner has 4 guest rooms which surround a delightful courtyard where Antonito prepares a simple but enjoyable breakfast for you each morning and where you are welcome to relax with a drink in the evening. The room we stayed in was very spacious and comfortable. Although it was slightly noisy at times with doors closing and cars driving by, this didn't really affect us adversely.
Weather was great with blue skies and temperatures of 35 degrees (a welcome change to the deluge in England!).
I'm definitely staying in one of these B&B or "Agri-Turismo" establishments again and I can only commend Orchid Corner in the highest way possible - lovely hosts, great location and lovely rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for any room other than the one next to the entrance door.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
OrchidCornerAdm, Proprietario at Orchid Corner Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear GazzyE, it's always a great satisfaction for us to read these beautiful words about our house and our job, so thank you very much! We are happy to know that you have enjoyed your time here, our help for planning your days and our breakfast of course! We hope that you will come back to visit us again. We send you a big hug.
Maywood, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

I thought I would be in a lovely setting with a warm and welcoming, typical Italian couple and their delightful cat. What I found was an Italian family more similar to the Borgias!! The website said to call them from the train station and they would pick you up. Well, not so. I called three times, finally using a
different number, and was told the phones weren't working. I was hopelessly lost and my mother and I were stranded with our bags in the hot sun. No one even knew where the place was or could Give us directions to the adress. We finally found it and were met by the daughter who did not even offer a cold drink. We were told her mother was ill, their cat featured so prominently on,the website was dead. I was very upset at how isolated the place was...nothing in walKing distance. There is a bus nearby into Sorrento so I thought we could make it work. But that night, father and daughter told me since their phones did not work, I would not be able to pay by credit card and would have to pay for a 5 night stay IN CASH. This was pretty much all the cash I had...they would escort me to the bank so I could get a cash advance on my credit card...What? I told them that was not going to happen. In the morning, I went into Sorrento and found better accomodations. I promptly informed Antonio of this. The daughter started talking about penalties, rules, etc. They then came to my room with an ultimatum: pay 2 nights cash or we'll hold,you to the whole reservation. Now they claimed they never take credit cards (even though they took my Visa as security for the reservation. They told me their website never mentioned pick up @ the station (I showed them the printout). When the mother heard them having difficulty with me, his woman who was suppposed to be on her deathbed and struggling to walk, bounded down the stairs brandishing her cane, ad banging it on the stairs, screeching at the top of her lungs that she was the boss and things would be done as she said. It was like something out of a horror movie but scarier...the last hotel that came close was the Bates Motel! In,the end, we had no choice but to pay 2 nights cash and leave first thing in the morning..I was told to be out before. 10 am..they needn't have worried..I couldn't wait go! It was an awful start to a long anticipated Italian holiday. The garden was buggy and run down and the dampness is hard to descibe but nothing dries and you feel chilled to the bone. My garbage wasn't emptied. The packaged sweet buns were far from a typical breakfast and certainly not what was expected at their room rates....stay in Sorrento and skip this tourist trap and their shakedown tactics.
As for the cat? I think he ran away too!

• Stayed June 2012
We don't need to answer to your rude words because there are so many reviews of our guests that can answer to you very clearly. Good luck.
Munich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I don't know what all those bad reviews are about. We had a very pleasant stay. The owner picked us up at the train station (in an old Fiat Cinquecento - so pack light) and he offered us some local white wine. Breakfast was also tasty and warm. True, the church bells ring most of the night, but what do you expect in southern Italy? After spending a few lovely nights in crowded, chaotic and lively Naples, Meta was incredibly peaceful, and Orchid Corner had a very relaxing vibe. We chose the room near the entryway, with a window to the road, we could hear the occasional car or Vespa, but it is a village atmosphere.
The village piazza has several small grocery shops, a salumeria, and a wine shop with giant vats of local wines. We actually bought a bottle of good quality local red in a grocery for 1 euro 50, and I saw another for 1.20. The couple running the newsstand spoke good English and were helpful advising me about bus tickets to Sorrento, and then selling them to me. Buses run every 20 minutes, and stop near the train station, but trying to find the bus the first time to go from the station to the B&B would be a little tricky.
We visited the pay-to-use beach after 3pm when it cheaper, and during the week when it was practically deserted. Some free areas were available, too. The views are amazing. On Monday night most restaurants were closed, but we assembled a small feast of local meats, fruit, tomatoes, olives, bread, and the above-mentioned wine.
Orchid Corner itself is a 4- or 5-hundred-year-old house which shows its age on the outside, but is thoroughly modern on the inside. Spacious rooms (we were given our choice of 3 available rooms), clean and well-appointed, with modern bath facilities - our bathroom was a bit small, but adequate. My experience has been that these smaller B&B's and boutique hotels typically change towels every 2 or 3 days. This is not a 4-star hotel, and we all need to be more conscious of our environmental impact anyway.
We considered several hotels and B&B's in and around Sorrento, including the fancy Hilton where we could have had a deeply discounted price through my employer, but we chose Orchid Corner, knowing more or less what to expect, and we were not disappointed. Sorrento is a bit overrun by tourists, certainly worth a visit, but we preferred not to stay there.
My wife speaks pretty good Italian, which is obviously a help, but I managed by myself often enough, armed with only an arsenal of nouns, a handful of mostly unconjugated verbs, and a few politenesses such as "I would like", "Do you have...?", and of course, lots of Buongiorno, please, and thank you.

Room Tip: We had the room near the entryway
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear NickyAZ, although in very long delay we want to thank you so much for the wonderful words. Thank you for have defended us from evil words. Thank you for have demonstrated, in a simple way, the right meaning of the words "real travelers" and therefore who appreciate the traditions of the places that they visit. It 's always an honor for us to host people like you and if you want to sleep like baby yet, you know where to find us. A hug.

Been to Orchid Corner Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!