“Time out holiday...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 12 Meta B&B and Inns
Darwin, Australia
“Time out holiday...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2015

I actually stayed in 2013... It won't let me change the date.....I stayed in a small single room downstairs.. Other rooms seemed nicer.. Lovely one opened up to a small courtyard.. The owner went out of his way to help me.. Even though I struggled to speak Italian he still tried to understand me ! Meta is a lovely small town a very short train ride to Sorrento.. Or a nice, longer walk to the neighbouring town. There was a market I found one day about an hours walk from the hotel..towards Sorrento way.
There is a restaurant in the hotel ( it's more of a b&b in an apartment type building??) but the restaurant is only open at certain times of the year... They had a set menu but when they knew I didn't eat meat they made a special pasta for me. There is a nice pizza place a short walk from the hotel. The train station is also a shortish walk from the hotel.
The wi-fi at the time was a tad problematic.. You had to go to a central part to be able to use it.

Room Tip: I stayed in a small single room downstairs.. Other rooms seemed nicer.. Lovely one opened up to a sm...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I am going to be honest. I was a little skeptical because of the lack of reviews and only took it because I wanted to save some money. And turns out, this was the best place I stayed at on my 2 week Europe trip.

I was pleasantly surprised by how good the B&B was. The rooms were spacious, clean and well decorated. By the way, the photos on their website are real (Trust me). I am posting one. Breakfast was good. The real owner was out for some family emergency, but the caretaker was amazing.

The B&B is in Meta which is 10 minutes by Bus/train/Scooter ride from Sorrento. The town itself has a small beach which is close to the B&B. I would highly recommend renting a scooter if you stay here as it makes going to places in Sorrento/Positano much easier in the evening and night.

So, I would highly recommend the place. I hope more people go there and write reviews, as I wish them the best. I know if I go there again, no doubt I will stay at this place.

Room Tip: I booked through Venere.com
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to La Pennichella Sorrentina? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Pennichella Sorrentina

Address: Via Municipio 46, 80026 Meta, Italy
Location: Italy > Campania > Province of Naples > Meta
Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 12 B&Bs / Inns in Meta
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your La Pennichella Sorrentina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
La Pennichella Sorrentina Italy/Meta

If you own or manage La Pennichella Sorrentina, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.