“Absolutely Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The INN Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Mary's
The INN Guest House
You added The INN Guest House to your Saves list
The Inn | Holm, St. Mary's KW17 2RT, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 2 St. Mary's B&B and Inns
West Midlands
“Absolutely Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights where I had a large double onsuite room just to myself. Firstly the house has a scenic spot about 10 minutes drive south from Kirkwall. The road is rather quiet, especially at night.

As soon as I arrived I was made to feel welcome by Shona who first showed me the very comfortable and large guest lounge before taking me up to my room. Everything was just perfect, the decor, the comfort of the room and the bed. Everything in this house is spotless and nothing is too much trouble for Shona. And you get a huge breakfast with a choice of items.

This is a fairly short review because there are no negative comments at all, unusually for me because I tend to be fairly critical. In short, I highly recommend that you stay here. You will not be disappointed, and like myself, you will want to return again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Polmont, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

We had a fantastic stay at The Inn. Shona and Mike are first class hosts, very welcoming and nothing is too much bother for them. We arrived at 10 a.m. stopped off to ask if we could leave our luggage at that time and were delighted to be told that our room was ready and we could make use of it right away. The room was beautiful, lovely comfortable bed, the whole room from the cups to the ensuite was squeaky clean, brilliant! The breakfast is something else, if you are on any kind of weight loss diet this isn't for you! Shona does not serve any small portions. We would absolutely have no hesitation in recommending this guest house it really is exceptional, you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Don't think there is a bad room in this guest house!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Colombo, Sri Lanka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

We had a fabulous stay at this wonderful B&B but be warned.....Shona & Mike serve the most gigantic breakfast I've ever seen & absolutley delicious too.

A very comfortable room, with a big fluffy feather quilt & a beautiful shower.

Thank you Shona & Mike for a wonderful Anniversary weekend. We both look forward to returning sometime soon :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Airdrie, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012 via mobile

Smashing stay in double ensuite room very modern stylish and comfortable.
Very friendly owner mike!

• Stayed March 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

A fantastic choice! Our hosts for two nights were Shona and Mike, and what a great time we had! We were invited in with such a warm and friendly welcome. The room was immaculate and catered for every need. Breakfast was delicious and substantial, and you had a variety of choice to suit your own tastes. Shona could not do enough to cater for our comfort and also provided a wealth of information about where to go and what to do on the islands. A superb scenic setting and great value for money. We highly recommend a stay in this fine guest house. See you again Shona and Mike, and thank you again for a fantastic time!

Room Tip: You may not be able to ever dream of a better breakfast!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011 via mobile

They need to have a bigger sign at the front of their property.
Better than most hotels we have stayed at. Fabulously tastefully decorated. Best bed I have slept in 2nd to my own.
Food great and plentiful. Couldn't do enough for us. This was our first experience of a guest house.. I'm sure the're not all like this one..

• Stayed November 2011
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

All I can say is that I travel to many Hotels etc. throughout the UK and have never experienced such a high level of customer service. Lovely welcome to the house, with nothing too much trouble. The guest house has many extras only ever found at the best Hotels.
We had to leave at 7am the next day. Breakfast is usually after 8 am. So with this knowledge at 6:30 am, Shona the owner (that rhymes, sorry) made me the best cooked breakfast I have ever had in my life. Fabulous value and standards. Thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: THe rooms are not the biggest, but have absolutely everything you will need.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to The INN Guest House? Share your experiences!