This is our 3rd visit o the Bella Baita in the last 4 years. We have loved each stay here and the reasons are fairly easy to describe, and almost impossible to duplicate:
1) The owners, Fabrizio and Marla both speak excellent English (Marla hails from the US)
2) They both make you feel right at home immediately.
3) They are both gourmet chefs in their own right, producing some of the most amazing baked breads, pastries and main courses and pizzas on the planet
4) The B and B is secluded, perfectly maintained and incredibly priced
5) They offer cooking classes in English and they both have a rare skill at teaching some of the finer skills needed in the Italian kitchen
6) The hiking from the front door is absolutely beautiful (and strenuous if you'd like)...we climbed a path that had a 360 degree view, but it took 1600 feet of elevation climb and 3 1/2 hour round trip....and it started right at your front door.
7) The beds are super comfortable
8) They have room blackening shades in every bedroom..and I mean it's pitch black... so that at 9 in the morning, you think it's midnight...(great for un jet lagging)
9) The breakfast is to die for...organic fruits, yogurts, granolas, meats, cheeses, breads, pastries, juice, coffee, marmalades...it goes on and on
10) Dinner is also available for an incredibly reasonable price, around 20 or 25 euros per person and this includes every course plus wine and they often offer digestifs as well.
I would highly recommend this beautiful mountain retreat(just a bit challenging to find at first) for every couple, every family, every reunion of college buddies or extended families...it is where we plan to come on each of our successive yearly (Lord willing) Italy vacations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a small inn, 57km (30 miles) SW of Turin in the mountains. We offer a balance of mountain activities and day excursions whilst enjoying the culinary delights of this region. All levels of walking, climbing, and cycling are just outside your door. We offer small custom "Cooking Together" sessions as well. Whether you are looking for relaxation or activities of Val Chisone, our peaceful alpine surroundings make Bella Baita the perfect choice. ... more less