My husband and I stayed here for three nights and had fantastic time - great location, beautiful scenery (see our photos!) and excellent hosts.
Highlights for us were...
- the owners Marla and Fabrizio who were exceptional hosts. Friendly, fun and a real pleasure to meet.
- the cooking classes...Marla and Fabrizio are both chefs and during our stay we took two cooking classes; one was in a group and the other was a private lesson. We cooked a three course menu both times and it was great fun and real learning experience. The food was delicious! The kitchen facilities are really professional and clean and as good as any cooking school I have experienced in London.
- the scenery...a short walk from the bed and breakfast are a number of walks with views of the Alps and surrounding towns. A great place for outdoor lovers. We did a few of these and especially enjoyed the walk to the waterfall.
- cheese making and lunch on the mountains...we visited a local cheese maker who also hosted us for lunch. This was a truly unique experience!
- dinner at Lago Laux...there is a beautiful lake a short drive away from the bed and breakfast with a fantastic restaurant (see photo). I'd definately recommend visiting if you stay there a few nights.
- Pinerolo...a really nice traditional town to walk around and do some shopping. Cioccolato-puro is a charming chocolate shop in the centre and worth a visit.
A really enjoyable break with lots to do and see.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a small inn, 57km (30 miles) SW of Turin in the mountains. We offer a balance of mountain activities and day excursions whilst enjoying the culinary delights of this region. All levels of walking, climbing, and cycling are just outside your door. We offer small custom "Cooking Together" sessions as well. Whether you are looking for relaxation or activities of Val Chisone, our peaceful alpine surroundings make Bella Baita the perfect choice. ... more less