“Incredible food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 27 Restaurants in Casares
London, United Kingdom
“Incredible food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Simple great Italian and a chef patron who is larger than life and a perfect host. Great for both familes and couples. I'd recommend to anyone

Visited March 2013

Sheffield
“Don't bother”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

My son and daughter-in-law, took us to Don Giovanni for a "special treat" and suffice it to say, we were all very disappointed. The staff were quite attentive but totally inexperienced and the Chef/Patron was wandering around the tables in totally pristine chef's whites (no work in the kitchen for him!) The menu was very expensive for simple Italian food. My daughter-in-law ordered a Spag Bol and for some reason, known only to the waitress and the kitchen, persuaded her not to have this dish, but to have the Lasagne. This was duly served and was just a small fist-sized mess of lasagne on a plate, with not even a small piece of garnish and at 18 euros we felt this was extortionate and not even tasty. I had a fillet steak, which I believed was much better value at approximately 24 euros. It was not the best fillet steak I have had and was similarly served on a plate ungarnished. I won't go on about the rest of the food, but it was very ordinary and other nearby restaurants serve far superior food to this and at a lower price. Being part of Finca Cortesin, I think this is a touch of "The Emperor's New Clothes". We certainly won't be going back to Don Giovanni nor recommending it.

• Visited August 2011