“Would definitely stay there again!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Atlantis

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ramstein-Miesenbach
Hotel Atlantis
You added Hotel Atlantis to your Saves list
Ziegelhutte 1, 66877 Ramstein-Miesenbach, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany   |
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Would definitely stay there again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I really have no idea what they first commenter experienced there, but that was not my experience at all.

First, the staff was very professional. It is a family-run business and they are very personable. They go out of their way to get you what you need. We ran into a few problems (e.g. blowing out a fuse because we used the wrong/no converter, needed to order take-out from a local German place, needed directions to Paris, a train schedule in Kaiserlautern, etc.) They were more than happy to help with any of that. By the end of our 2 week stay, they knew us all by name(and vice versa.)

Now let's talk about the hotel itself. I enjoyed the layout of it. A big spiral staircase, as well as a elevator to get you to whatever floor you desired. The rooms were plenty spacious. I happened to be lucky enough to have one of the rooms that led out to a balcony. The view from the window isn't great, as you look out onto a junk yard. The wardrobe was huge, and plenty space for 2 people's clothing for two weeks. They have a mini-fridge in the room and a microwave on each hallway. The beds are somewhat firm. I enjoy that, but know that it's not everyone's cup of tea. If you have to share a room, it's a wee bit uncomfortable only because it's 2 mattresses in one bed frame. The bathrooms in the rooms have tiled floors, white porcelain fixtures, a nice big shower(with moveable shower head), and a heater inside the bathroom(that acts as a towel warmer as well.) The rooms were always impeccably clean.

As to the location of the hotel: It's about 5 minutes away from Ramstein Air Base, 5 minutes from Landstuhl, 20 minutes from Kaiserslautern, 1 hour away from Trier, 4 hours away from Paris, etc. There's also plenty of space to park at the hotel.

All in all, it was a very nice experience and I would go there again if I get the chance.
Thanks for everything!

Room Tip: Due to the fact that it's mostly stone, I would try to get a room on the top floor or farthest a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Families
Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Villaga, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

If I could have rated the Atlantis ZERO instead of one out of five, I would have.
I had booked a room for 5 nights but left after 2.
The front desk is manned by teenagers, I never saw anyone older than 17 working there. And by 'manned' I don't mean to imply they are ever present at the front desk, rather they can usually be found hanging out with their friends drinking beer in an area behind the lobby - and if you interrupt their party for assistance they will act hugely inconvenienced.
The rooms themselves look like a run down motel, the kind of place you can rent hourly in a red light district. The whole place reeks of stale smoke and the linens are threadbare, yellowed and stained.
The walls are paper thin, from my room I could hear every telephone conversation and bowel movement of my neighbors, not to mention the incessantly screaming toddler down the hall.
They claim to have wifi but the signal is so weak I had to sit in the hallway to check email and even then it was painfully slow.
I was traveling with my dog, a very small, quiet yorkshire terrier. On my second day there I returned to the room to find a note taped to my door that read "The hotel is not here to babysit your dog". I have no idea what was meant by that, perhaps she had barked at some point during the day, which would be out of character for her but certainly possible. When I confronted the lip-pierced kid working (and by working, I of course mean drinking beers with his buddies) about the note he rolled his eyes and made a show of being rude to me in an attempt to impress his friends. At that point I packed up all my stuff and checked-out.
I moved to a hotel just a couple of miles away in Landstuhl, the Kurvilla, and had a lovely stay. I've returned to the Kurvilla many times since then. I would never, under any circumstances subject myself to the Atlantis again.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here.
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Ramstein-Miesenbach hotels

Been to Hotel Atlantis? Share your experiences!