“Best Chicken in the world! (I've checked around :))” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Boise, Idaho
“Best Chicken in the world! (I've checked around :))”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

My husband and I just visited this hotel and restaurant this winter and had a wonderful time. The hotel beds where clean and cozy. It seemed that it was recently renovated. They even had breakfast available at your time of choice in the mornings. It was wonderful German specialties. Now the evening dinner... what can I say... oh my... it was unbelievably wonderful!! My husband had the Shishkababs and I had the very crispy chicken that was seasoned perfectly. The service was unbelievable, nothing like it back home. Definitely worth the flight. I recommend that everyone visit this amazing place!! The wonderful manager or Owner was so polite, I believe her name was Radi; ask for her and she will take care of anything you need.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Monchengladbach, Germany
“A very nice place with very good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Ok, I'm not going to explain where it is cause it's in the middle of the forest; but I guess if you ask everybody will know it..
It's a very nice rustic country house set up for being a restaurant (..and a hotel too?!). It is specialized in roasted meat and that's prepared right in front of your eyes: in the room there's a fireplace and they roast all the meat there. For this reason, sometimes it smells a bit like smoke. I've been there twice and I've always eaten the half roasted chicken with french fries and mashed apple sauce. Delicious, very delicious.. BUT, not a lot. Actually 1/2 chicken is not really a lot.. you will need something else to eat. For this reason I have to say that it looks a bit to expensive for what you get (10 euros half chicken). Desserts are good too, but small and expensive.
Anyway, if you are in the nearby of Steinau or Schlüchtern I strongly recommend to come at least once here; it is worth it

• Visited April 2012