“Wonderful hosts, very enjoyable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of I Menhirs

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Castiadas
I Menhirs
Save Saved
You added I Menhirs to your Saves list
Loc.Annunziata, 09040, 09040 Castiadas, Sardinia, Italy   |
Ranked #2 of 8 hotels in Castiadas
Munich, Germany
“Wonderful hosts, very enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I Menhirs was our very first introduction to Sardinia and it did not disappoint. Elisabetta and her family are wonderful, friendly hosts and we felt very welcome at their charming agriturismo. The rooms are comfortable, simply but tastefully furnished and are spotless. We slept very well here, especially after the generous servings of superb home cooking and local products such as the Cannonau red wine. Being up in the hills, away from the touristic areas, I Menhirs is also very peaceful. We enjoyed curling up on the chairs in the evening, listening to the sounds of nature. We hope to return soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

140 people have reviewed this hotel

south wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I have a holiday home close by and have never visited this place until recently and am sorry that I have missed all those years before.
We were a party of 6 adults and 9 children some of whom had nut, egg and fish allergies which proved no problem for the chef at all.
We had the 30 euro menu and dish after dish arrived all beautifully presented, delicious and plentiful...malloreddus a typical sardinian dish, lots of anti pasta, home made bread, varying types of meat amazing deserts and an abundance of wine liqeurs and coffee.
Value for money and service was second to none...it is a family run restaurant with a little bit of English spoken who were all very attentive.
The location is very peaceful with lovely furnishings and well tended gardens...they also run a bed and breakfast and I would imagine this to be of a very high standard.
So if you are staying in nearby Costa Rei or Villlasimius definately make a trip here

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
serloc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is an excellent 'agriturismo' close to Costa Rei. Food is excellent, serving a fixed menu of typical food from Sardinia. Note this will include pork, not fish as you are not on the coast!
But it will be plenty of food so get prepared in advance.

The location os very nicely maintained, with a small but very nice garden that is suitable for kids to play.
The service is also very good as they even provide games for the little ones.
You ned to book well in advance in the high season if you want to get a table on the terrace.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

We are a family of 3 young children and 3 adults. The rooms are clean, comfortable, spacious, and nicely decorated. Francesca is a fantastic chef. Breakfast is served with freshly made cream puffs and cannoli - a big treat! The Sardinian dinner is fantastic with local wine, freshly made pasta, lamb stew, and Gian Paolo's delicious roast pig. Dessert is not to be missed. Elizabeth is extremely helpful. They really make you feel at home. The animals are good entertainment for the kids. Though we speak no Italian, we hadno problem. We definitely enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We chose this restaurant for our last night in Sardinia at the suggestion of a local olive oil producing family and we had an incredible dinner! Served in "family style" the dishes are numerous and all delicious. I especially liked the goat, but each dish was very tasty. We were with friends who spoke Italian well and the cook came out to discuss the dishes with our friends. The service was very good and friendly and the atmosphere on the covered porch was pure contentment. Every table was filled with family groups having a wonderful time. If I am able to come back to Sardinia I will definitely consider staying in this hotel and having many meals here!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful location. Spent a long weekend here with my husband. Delicious home made food. Great to get away. Its a drive to the beach but the beach front places aren't great so better value and authentic ambience food staying in land. Rooms are lovely - not so big but there is a terrace and mostly you'd be out so not a problem.

• Stayed July 2011
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I recommend this place to people who are looking for a relaxing and tranquil holiday rather than having fun among the crowds. It is located in the middle of nowhere with very few houses around, but still only 10 mins drive from the beautiful beaches on the East Coast of the island....At night, you do not hear much noise other than the sounds of animals...and almost complete darkness enables you to see so many stars in the sky..You can't have a beachfront view from this place..but it definitely has its own charm. PEACEFUL was the word that was always in my mind while I was staying here... So if you are looking for such a holiday, please keep reading this review to know more.

Rooms - Impeccably clean and spacious. Decorated with some traditional Sardinian elements. It's a simple, clean, and spacious room. Bathroom is also quite spacious with a shower and of course, very clean. I know that they have a baby cot available, so if you need one, just tell them before you arrive, and they'll have it ready for your use. Moreover, each room has a terrace overlooking a well-maintained lawn with two chaise longues, a lounge table and out door lounge sofa. There's also a drying stand on the terrace.

Small Farm with animals - They have a small farm with animals. One side for about ten goats..and the other side with three donkeys. It's small but well main-tained. It was pleasant to see these animals on the way to and from the breakfast and dinner...although I'm not a goat nor a donkey lover. I guess childern will appreciate it even more.

Parking space - More than enough...You'll get to park your car in front of your room.

Distance from the beach - 10 to 15 mins drive by car. While staying in Sardinia, we've been to beaches in Villasimius, Nora, Chia and here on the side of Costa Rei....They were all beautiful. Each of them has its own fascination and we liked all of them. While staying at i Menhirs, we loved Cala Pira and Cala Sinzias, always 10 to 15 mins drive by car.

Breakfast - Full of home made cakes and tartes. Even home made nutella-like spread as well as Nutella. Different types of home made jams. Different types of honey. Fruits.There are also salty stuff, such as different types of ham and cheese..and some other things from the dinner the night before. (I wouldn't call it left-overs, since it would have been such a waste and pity to throw them away.) Things on the breakfast buffet changes a bit each day for those who stay for longer than a night.

Dinner - Wow..Wow..Wow...It was just so good. All home made food by the lady owner. I have not seen the menu there..but the ladies who run the place come to you and explain what they have that day and check with you what you'd like to have for each course. You can simply say that you'd like to try them all, and they'll bring them to you. And if you like a certain Italian or Sardinian dish, just ask them if they have it..they might have it ready for you if they have the right ingredients. Wow..We've had a Sardinian meal at Sa Bingia in Villasimius..but the meal at i Menhirs..was just heaven. No touch of anything commercial but a simple home made food with love and passion of a lady owner from the starter till the dessert. The items vary each day for those who stay over a night on half-board. And the price...? You'll be surprised...to know that you pay so little for so many things you get...Quality, Quantity, Price...It's definitely worth having dinner here.

Service & Hospitality - Once you stay at I Menhirs, you can really feel that they run the place with love and passion. They might not over-smile at you or jump around you with joy..But they do care about you with their hearts. If you have complaints, they try to listen to you and fix it if possible. Already the fact that they have a baby cot ready for a room says something, not all the b&bs or agriturismos in Italy have it available. It's a family-run place and for the members at I Menhirs, you come first than the money you pay. At least, that is how I felt during my own stay.

We were a 100% satisfied with our stay at I Menhirs..and cannot wait to be back again for another pleasant holiday, hopefully soon.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to I Menhirs? Share your experiences!