“La Bella Vita” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tuscali Mountain Inn Luxury Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Topanga
Tuscali Mountain Inn Luxury Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Tuscali Mountain Inn Luxury Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
1224 N. Topanga Canyon Blvd., Topanga, CA 90290   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Topanga B&B and Inns
burbank, california
“La Bella Vita”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at this wonderful place. The Tuscali Inn is extremely private, beautifully appointed, and truly amazing. The hosts are fabulous, warm, and friendly. The Inn is a world away from the hustle and bustle of Los Angeles - where we live. We enjoyed the beautiful antique furniture, art, books and spectacular views in the backyard. We felt like this place was our own private villa! I can't believe a place like this exists in our backyard.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Friends gave me a night at Tuscali as a getaway for a recent loss I had in the family. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect setting. I sat in their amazing garden filled with beautiful birds bathing in fountain, flowers, trees and there wonderful dog Charlie Brown laying at my feet.
I felt as if I have left LA and gone to another country. The peace and beauty of the garden filled me with calm and joy. At 5pm I was served lovely wine and appetizers. And, that was just the garden. My perfectly appointed room had all the amenities one could ask for, I had the best nights sleep something I hadn't had in months. And....in the morning I was served a very delicious breakfast,in the dining room. The owners Bruce and Teresa are so gracious and caring, it was hard to leave this beautiful place and....I will definitely come back.

Room Tip: There are three suites and each one is beautifully appointed.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

My wife and I spent our Anniversary at the Tuscali Inn. Being from LA we were quite familiar with Topanga Canyon but didn't realize how much of a getaway it was just 15 minutes from LA. We felt right at home at Tuscali. The setting in the courtyard (complete with appetizers and breakfast) was perfect. The dog Charlie Brown was a nice addition, but the highlight was spending our last morning having an inspiring conversation with the Owner Bruce while he was taking care of the horses. We truly felt at home and can't wait to return!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Rangeley, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

My son was getting married in Topanga Canyon and I love B&Bs, so I searched and found the Tuscali Mountain Inn. I am so lucky! The Inn has 3 rooms so I booked all of them for the weekend. From the outset, Teresa was so helpful. The bride and bridesmaids chose to get ready at the Inn and Teresa arranged for them to have a special luncheon. So, they occupied the master suite while the rest of us spent the morning on the porch overlooking a beautiful fountain and the mountains. It was perfect. After the wedding, Teresa brought out a pair of lovely champagne flutes for the bride and groom. Teresa's assistant, Chris, prepared a marvelous breakfast on Sunday. The whole experience was so friendly and warm, I felt as if I was at home. In addition, the rooms are beautiful and the beds are very very comfortable. I wish we could have stayed longer. The Inn is wireless and has EV connections. I would go back there anytime. Thanks, Teresa and Chris. We had an incredible stay with you.

Room Tip: The master suite upstairs is without compare. It is huge with a separate deck.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Sherman Oaks, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I'd been wracking my brain where to take my husband for his birthday this year and nothing sounded all that great -- even though we live in L.A. and have many options. And then on a fluke I found Tuscali Mountain Inn Luxury Bed and Breakfast in Topanga, a mere 30 minute drive from our house. What a hidden gem!
I can't say enough great things about the inn. It's in Topanga Canyon, a rustic, hilly area near Malibu populated by a colorful assortment of people -- hippies, artists etc. Little did I know, though, just off Topanga Canyon Boulevard up a steep little road was an idyllic inn that is truly one of the finest establishments I've ever experienced.
First, it's gorgeous. The video at their website is no exaggeration. It is like a Tuscan villa, thoughtfully decorated with a warm Italian flair, but never fussy -- just simple, refined elegance throughout. Upon our arrival, Chris, the owner's assistant, greeted us so warmly, we hardly felt like it was a bed and breakfast, it felt more like a home. Our room exceeded our expectations in every way. The decor was luxurious and inviting but pleasantly under-stated, the bed was heavenly and the bathroom was tastefully appointed. And everything was spotless. After we settled in, we went out onto the patio area by the fountain and were treated to an absolutely delicious platter of appetizers and two bottles of wine and a plate of homemade cookies. We spent over an hour just marveling at how peaceful it was and how jaw-dropping the view of the canyon and hills were as the sun began to set. We felt like we were a million miles from LA. We had planned on going out to eat, but were so satisfied from the appetizers that we skipped going to a restaurant and instead, just enjoyed the inn and explored the grounds. My husband is half-Italian and sitting up on that patio reminded us of being on Capri, it felt that much like Italy, the same relaxed vibe, the great food and the unspoiled beauty.
The next morning, we drove the five or six miles to the beach, walked along the water then returned for a scrumptious breakfast. Chris had prepared fruit parfaits, fresh squeezed tangerine juice, spinach and mushroom omelettes and homemade cinnamon wheat bread with butter and homemade preserves. We loved the bread so much, she gave us the rest of the loaf to take home. Then we hiked around the inn and when it was time to leave, we both wished we could have stayed just one more night...or two.
I've never experienced that level of care at any hotel or b&b. The owners just happened to be away on vacation while we were there, but that didn't stop Teresa, the owner, from calling up on the day we were arriving to check in with us. And Chris couldn't have been a more wonderful innkeeper while we were there. Quite simply, Tuscali Mountain Inn is the epitome of Italian style, luxury and warmth. Can't wait to visit again!

Room Tip: There are three rooms, the biggest suite on the second floor has a large balcony with expansive view...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
TopangaMalibu, Owner at Tuscali Mountain Inn Luxury Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Dear Ivy,

We are extremely pleased that your Tuscali experience was so positive.

Our little mountain community of Topanga has many wonderful events and
activities throughout the Spring, Summer and Fall such as world-class jazz,
equity theatre, wine tasting in the mountains nearby, hiking, and much more.

We look forward hosting you again soon.

Warm regards,

Teresa and Bruce
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a beautiful and peaceful stay at the Tuscali in February. The setting is pretty spectacular and the hospitality world class. Our room was clean, nicely appointed, and opened to the patio where we enjoyed the evening sun, splashing fountain, and a glass of wine provided by Teresa. Early morning running and hiking in the nearby State Park was a great way to start the day followed by a hearty breakfast and some of the best coffee on the West Coast. If you are looking for a different kind of place to stay, away from it all but still close to everything, stay at Tuscali. It was an excpetional visit.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
El Cajon, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

Nestled in the Topanga Canyon above the Santa Monica Beaches of Southern California is a bed and breakfast superior to many/most we have found throughout our world travels. Teresa and Bruce (owners) have created a most hospitable and welcoming atmosphere that is hard to beat. This place is decorated with pieces of art and architecture out of a European experience, hence the name "tuscali" after the world famous Tuscany of Italy. Each of its rooms is equipped with up to date facilities and conveniences, which adds to its comfortable atmosphere. The large patio garden is particularly comfortable with many seating and lounging areas for anyone's tastes. Delicious breakfasts are included along with wine and appetizers in the evening. But most appealing and attractive are the hosts, Teresa and Bruce, who make you feel like you're in a home, away from home.

Room Tip: There are 3 large guest rooms and 1 large suite which they rent out.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
TopangaMalibu, Owner at Tuscali Mountain Inn Luxury Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Dear Dr. D.,

Thank you for your wonderful review. You and your wife's jolly nature were indeed a welcome addition to our Inn.

Please stay tuned for your video testimonial on our website.

Warm regards,

Bruce

Been to Tuscali Mountain Inn Luxury Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!