We got married at Ross Priory in 2011. Looked at other venues on banks of Loch Lomond and none came close to Ross Priory.
Value for money on accommodation - Excellent
Staff Friendliness - Excellent. Couldn't do more to help you.
Venue and views - Priceless
Bedrooms - Very good. Yes the bathrooms are in need of modernisation but it's University owned so money is tight and let's face it if rooms were 5* so would the price be!
Food at wedding and also bar food - Excellent. Super-size portions
Overall rating - 10/10
My husband and I have returned several times for lunch in the bar area and have also had an overnight stay and meal. We have not been disappointed.
Beautiful place with many happy memories that make me cry every time we visit - tears for happiness :-)
- Also Known As:
- Ross Priory, University Of Strathclyde Hotel
- Ross Priory, University Of Strathclyde Hotel Alexandria
- Ross Priory, University Of Strathclyde Scotland/Alexandria, United Kingdom
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ross Priory is situated in an unrivalled position on the south shores of Loch Lomond with stunning views of Ben Lomond and the surrounding hills, yet only 40 minutes from Glasgow. It is a secluded and unusual venue enhanced by extensive grounds and gardens including a nine hold golf course and walled garden. There are 11 en suite bedrooms within the house, each of which are let on a bed & breakfast basis. Dinner is available by prior reservation. There is also a self-catering cottage on the loch shore which is let per week or for a 3 night weekend. ... more less